Pluto for Channels

maybe just keep with what Pluto uses then?
%7BPSID%7D / {PSID} = replace with uuid1

instead of looking for deviceID and SID just look for %7BPSID%7D / {PSID} and replace that?

Gotcha. I didn't realize the convention was coming from them.

awesome, also note: %7BPSID%7D = {PSID} (I had an extra B in the url decoded earlier)

so in my add-on, I just do
url = channel['url'].replace('%7BPSID%7D', device_id).replace('{PSID}', device_id)
just in-case it's not url encoded for some reason.

Ive also just updated my Pluto lists to go back to using the Pluto urls (not Samsung urls)
So once Channels replaces %7BPSID%7D / {PSID} with uuid1 - it should work better now too.

Also, your generating a single uuid1 and using same one to replace all the urls?
That is wanted so the same "viewing session" is used between channels.
(Vs a unique {PSID} per channel)

1 Like

That's what nocords.xyz does.

1 Like

What you're talking about is a bit over my head so excuse the dumb question.
With the same "viewing session" for all channels, does that cause a problem when recording more than one channel at a time?

17 posts were merged into an existing topic: PBS Feeds

Sadly I see Pluto TV is no longer offering CNET. The guide info, also on Pluto own website, just says " CNET is no longer available on PlutoTV." Bummer, that was my favorite (only) tech news channel. Are there any other sources / methods to get CNET into Channels?

They are still on YouTube, although not live. I use 4K Video Downloader to pull in new episodes from my favorite YouTube channels. Not a perfect solution, but now that we can edit meta data / cover art, it looks pretty slick. Main drawback at this point is that for some reason, all the new downloads show up with a date of December 31, 1969 after they are imported into Channels. No idea where that comes from.

And just like that, they fixed it. Just like that. Wish Sam would stop yelling.

It does appear sometimed these two channel have different programming, in 30 minutes one is showing Walker, Texas Ranger and the other is showing JAG.

Hi all, I am pretty new to Channels and just figured out about getting Pluto in it. Couple questions:

1. When I entered the m3u/xml links I get 500 or so channels. When I go in to edit the list and hit the red circle on 99% of them, all are still listed on my Channels clients. I only want a few of the channels on my clients. Would rather not have to set each one up individually if possible.

2. Is it possible to just simply add a few Pluto channels?

Thanks for any help!

1 Like

You can

1. Make a custom m3u file. I recommend m3u4u.com

2. Import the whole M3U and block with red circle all the syations you dont want. Don't forget to manually sync your clients so they know about what channels are blocked

1 Like

I think using m3u4u.com just for Pluto at this point is overkill and more complicated than it needs to be, at least for a beginner.

What method did you use to add Pluto channels?
If you use the XML and EPG provided by http://nocords.xyz/, discussed here, you will get 388 channels, at least as of today. I'm not sure why your list has more but I'm skeptical they are all unique and that they all work. This is important because Channels DVR has a limit of 500 channels per custom channel source.

When you edit that newly created list, and click the red cancel button on lots of channels, those channels should be omitted the guide on your client apps. They are for me.

If you want to set up a custom "Channel Collection" for Pluto (or any source, or any mixture of sources) in your guide, follow these instructions:

Channels DVR webUI > Live TV menu item > Channel Collections > Add Collection. Give it a name, like "Pluto."

Then where it says “all channels” pick the Pluto source, and either search for channels in the "Pick a channel..." field to add from it, or click in that field to scroll through the list of available channels from that source, then click "Add," or add all of its available channels to the newly created collection, by clicking the arrow on the right and selecting "Add all."

Then go to Channels DVR webUI > Clients > Server Side Only > Channel Collections, and add this new collection to appear alongside your other ones, in order for it to appear on every client.

I do this for many sources. I mix and match channels from various sources, in genres, like Sports, News, Movies, Music and more. As well as Favorites. These automatically sync to all of my client apps.

Hope this helps!

4 Likes

Hi
Installed docker on server 2019 and is working , testing with a test app, however when trying to install docker pluto tv get this error:

Using default tag: latest
latest: Pulling from jonmaddox/pluto-for-channels
no matching manifest for windows/amd64 in the manifest list entries

Any help?
Thank you

You need to run docker in Linux mode

ok. Thank you
I remember that initially it would run on windows mode because i installed it months ago.
Probably something changed.
Thank you again

Does anyone have this working with WSL2?

Thanks

@maddox I notice a new version came down a couple days ago. Anything new there or just maintenance?

2 Likes
2 Likes

Works, but I'm guessing since it's not a release version you get this.
Screenshot 2022-06-08 at 12-05-43 Pluto for Channels

I was getting the EPG just fine with v1.2.10. Why did the url have to change to HTTPS?

1 Like