Pluto setup issues

Why isn't this already implemented? Android Live channels has it and it's an abandoned free service. For $8 a month it should be done for us.

Probably don't have a legal agreement with pluto. So they offer the docker container for free. If they charged they can probably get in trouble for it.

1 Like

And if that's too complicated, it's still possible to simply use the Pluto and Stirr URLs offered (also for free) from https://nocords.xyz via the Custom Channels feature.

This now feels like a non-issue, the solution being handled in the most responsible, scalable and sustainable way. It also frees up the Channel developers' time and attention to focus on other, perhaps more important, features.

4 Likes

Thank you. That's all I wanted. A link to copy and paste. Not sure why it's so hard to find on this forum l.

Here's a pretty active thread about it:

Also he is doing it out of the goodness of his heart AKA Volunteer a public link for anyone to use. If he decides to stop then you would have to find another public link or install the docker container.

No worries. If I ever decide to stop providing the nocords.xyz service, I would be sure to find someone to pass it along to. It's pretty straight-forward.

2 Likes

No one is sure why you find it hard to use the search function either.

You could also invest a little time to become familiar with the forum structure.
If you look at the top of this topic web page you'll see it's in the Category Playground, subcategory Custom Channels.
If you click that Custom Channels link it takes you to a list of all the Topics in that category.
The first sticky Topic listed is what you were looking for.

1 Like

Yeah, I saw something called git hub for Pluto which was a waste of time. Most people don't know what Docker is.

Pluto for Channels is a third party project that makes Pluto TV channels work with Channels' Custom Channels feature, which is part of the product.

Pluto for Channels is not part of Channels, nor in any way is it inferred that it is. Without it, there would be no Pluto in Channels, as Pluto is not a supported source in Channels.

3 Likes

I got Pluto working and set it to record Stargate SG1/Atlantis/ Universe on the Stargate channel 280, but it's not working. There is episode information. Sanctuary works on the Pluto Sci Fi channel.

1 Like

There's an old corollary in computers that goes something like this:

"The quality of a tech support response is directly proportional to the quality of the tech support request."

'It's not working' doesn't give much to go on.

How did you come to the conclusion that what you expected to happen did not happen? Are there any lines in the logs at http://<DVR.IP>:8089/admin/log ? Do you see any messages for failed recordings at http://<DVR.IP>:8089/admin/dvr/jobs ?

1 Like

It's not working means. It's not working. Nothing is scheduled.

Okay, so you don't really want to find a solution, you just want to pitch a bitch or have someone magically solve your problems?

lol. this guy bitching in every thread like everyone is supposed to read his mind. @Richard_smith read the manual before you come here thinking everyone can read your mind or your logs.

Oh, so I shouldn't bitch because my server all of the sudden stops working and I have to re do everything. I'm paying for the most expensive service of this kind. I'll bitch if something doesn't work right. You can't just choose not to read my posts.

1 Like

No you shouldn’t. Not the way you’re doing it. This ain’t a Wendy’s pal.

HOW DOES ANYONE KNOW THAT YOUR SERVER DOESNT WORK WHEN YOU PROVIDE NOTHING BESIDES A SCREENSHOT OF AN INTERNAL IP ADDRESS. OR WHEN YOU ARE TOLD TO TURN SOMETHING ON THE APPLE TV, YOU BITCH THAT YOU CANT GET TO THE SERVER. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OTHER.

bitch all you want, but do it with actual information instead of being butt hurt when you are called out for your crappy attitude.

Just to be clear the server has to be running to record shows. If you have your server set up on a device that shuts down regularly that could cause problems as the server may not restart automatically depending on your boot-up settings on the OS. As others have stated we are happy to help you figure out where things are going wrong but we may need more info to go off of.

In this particular case if the server shut down due to an error you can look for the error in the logs. If you are like me and don't really know what you are looking for in the logs they can also be submitted to support. You can submit logs by going to the web user interface and navigating to the support tab. Click on troubleshooting from the drop-down and scroll to the bottom of the page. Then click "Submit Diagnostic Logs". If successful you will get a message with a token like this: 7a0c46e4-45da-46b8-9acc-1b3ffda40667 which you can then also drop on this forum where one of the developers may actually be able to assist.

1 Like

Seems like you are the one with the attitude, with all the cussing and screaming. And the server shutting down was right in the middle of taking a screenshot to show what I mean. So yes they have something to do with each other.