Pluto setup issues

In the future, showing us your pass settings would be helpful. Assume that no one has any idea what you are talking about and provide thousands of what you may consider unnecessary and obvious details.

Now, there is something I want to show you:

Notice that when I search for "Stargate" that there are two different listing for SG-1, and their art is two very different sizes. If I click on the first one, I can see this is showing episodes airing on OTA and TVE:

If I click on the second one, it shows episodes airing on Pluto (don't mind that my Channel numbers are different than yours; I've opted to ignore channel numbers from the m3u in order to avoid overlap):

"What gives?" you ask. Well, OTA and TVE are getting their guide data from Gracenote. Gracenote has a field for the Series ID, which it uses to identify the program. If I create a new Series Pass and click on the Advanced tab, I can see this is how it is set up by default:

However, if I do the same with the one airing on Pluto, it is totally different:

Instead, my Series ID is some type of Pluto identification.

Basically, OTA/TVE and Custom Channels are not currently not cross-identifiable, so as far as Channels is concerned they are two separate programs. Something to keep in mind in case you are trying to use the OTA/TVE identification to record from Pluto.

Next, you may also have noticed that in the Matches tab, there is no number showing. This is because I did not change any settings in the Simple menu and the default is "New". If I select "All Episodes", I now have 8 matches:

But you know, that Pluto ID is not reliable. They can change it at anytime; it is rather meaningless. So let's go a different route. Instead, let's change the Advanced settings to be "Title CONTAINS Stargate SG-1":

Wait a minute, now I have 35 matches! Why is that different? Well, now both the Pluto and the OTA/TVE programs match the criteria:

However, if they record, then they will still end up as two separate programs as described above. But maybe I only want the Pluto ones. In that case, I can put in additional criteria:

Without even officially adding the criteria, I can see the impact. In this case, back to 8 matches. But maybe I already have Season 1-4 recorded and just need everything after that. Well, I can also put in criteria to deal with that:

So you see, there are literally infinite reasons why you may not be recording. Without seeing what you have set up for a pass, we can't tell, but hopefully this provides you some direction to try to resolve your issue.

5 Likes

Bravo on an uber-detailed post.

4 Likes

Excellent post! I even learned something too with the different series ID.

Very well done! :sunglasses::clap:

4 Likes

I’m brilliant! I thought I’d be nice and jump in and try to help, but then I thought “Nope. Lost cause.” I astound myself.

He took over your old job! Haha.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.