Pluto Vevo 70s Channel Issue

When watching the Vevo 70s channel on Pluto, it will play fine and then often (not all the time) when the video ends the little wheel starts spinning like it lost connection. I have to get out of the channel and back into to connect it again. This happens probably 70% of the time.

Just for background, I have the Pluto Docker installed.

I have found this is the case for me with quite a few Pluto channels. Because of this issue it is impossible to record.

I've not run into any problems like that on Pluto channels, but maybe I just haven't hit the right ones.

It seems to happen often when it cuts to a commercial or Pluto advertistment.... almost like the feed changes in some way that causes a hiccup.

If you submit diagnostics from the DVR web ui after this happens it’s possible the Devs can fix it.

I recorded a show on the documentary channel and then attempted to play it back on Kodi and the added commercials screwed it up badly. Trying to FF was impossible and after a commercial, it would sometimes go back and repeat parts that was already viewed. Very strange.

Sounds like issues with wonky timestamps and the commercials using a different time base than the content.

Thanks! Do you think something like Video Redo Plus would fix it. I was going to archive the show for later viewings on my Plex server but the wonky behavior changed that idea.

Please submit diagnostics from the dvr web UI, while the app on your TV is still inside the player and stuck.

This behavior is what I was explaining on the "TPIR: The Barker Era" channel too - it does indeed make recording impossible, but I think it's because of how Pluto is handling the stream.

Is this still an issue that is being tracked? I can reproduce and send you diagnostics all day long if it's helpful.

1 Like

There is an experimental fix for this in v2021.04.06.2356. I've tried it on TPIR and it works well now. It should also work on Vevo, WeatherNation and other problematic channels.

2 Likes

I noticed that the issue went away so looked up this thread to see if something changed. My Pluto experience is flawless now. Thanks!

2 Likes

One thing I noticed since this fix went in is that playback will sometimes drop when it is going from one show to the next -- like at the top or bottom of the hour. The screen freezes and the connection disappears from the activity section on the server interface. I have to restart the channel to continue viewing.

I emailed diagnostics e7ba3d6d-a19e-4841-ae4e-45d04a106e13

When will this update roll out?
I’m a newer Channels user, is there a place I can track updates?

v2021.04.06.2356

The update was released on 04/06/2021. The version number contains the date.

Thanks - is there a way to get the update? My version is 2021.03.30.0356 and says it's up to date when I check for an update.

Capture

You have to click the dropdown icon next to the button and select Prerelease.

I just sent diagnostics from server while client was locked between videos. Freezes between most videos on Vevo 80, and 90's channel.

I'm running 2021.04.14.2035 on Synology with Pluto:jonmaddox/pluto-for-channels. Let me know if there's anything I could try.

Thank you

What device are you watching from? Can you submit diagnostics from that client device after it happens.