Port forwarding help!

I have an arris modem from my provider and have eeros attached. I believe I have it set up correctly in the eero app but when I go to do it in the arris it will not save says the ip address is invalid.

You need to enter the IP address of your Channels DVR server in there somewhere.
See if there's a help button in that UI, or ask your ISP or try one of the many online resources for help, like

or

It is in there and I have followed all the steps from arris help and still get the error when saving.

Screenshot of IP address screen?

Also you don’t need to put a range format if it’s just the one port. (You should be able to just put 8089 in that box in your screenshot).

The IP on the ARRIS side would be the IP of your main eero router, not the DVR. You have a double NAT so you need to setup a port forward chain, where the first router sends the port to your second router, and the second router sends it to your DVR

You could also disable the double nat which from a networking perspective is recommended. Also makes it simpler :blush:

I just tried this and this is what I get

You're using the eero IP scheme instead of the arris ip scheme. On the arris router there should be a list of clients, you need to find what IP is assigned to the main eero there

Or on the eero interface look for the WAN IP

I am appreciating the help but how do I find the list of clients and the ip assigned to the eero from there?

You have to look at your dhcp leases. Do yourself a favor and get rid of your double nat. Check out the link I posted earlier in the thread.

I have no idea what that is and if I eliminate my eeros I only have wifi and its not stable enough of a connection to do anything with thays why the eeros are attached to my arris modem so my devices can be off wifi.

I'm not saying to eliminate them...

Do a bit of research, start here

Then follow the article I posted above

You will be better in the long run. There is absolutely zero benefit from double NAT from a network perspective. Just FYI that each manufacturer will say "we don’t generally recommend this approach" but you can ignore this. They just don't want to take the support calls... To be fair, if you are not doing port forwarding then its not that big of a deal. My 78 year old Mom has her google WiFi setup this way but all she does is use her iPad 16 hours out of the day and is doing absolutely nothing else.

Just a note you can’t use eero secure or any of their advanced features if you bridge. They only work in double nat. But unless you are using them - yes better off to bridge for sure.

I watched that NAT video and just hooked up to the arris modem/router and away from home viewing now works just have to move my antenna line to the other room and all will be perfect! Thanks for everyones help!

Glad you figured it out. You will have to manually configure the local IP for the clients behind the eero as they cant discover the channels server.