Port forwarding issue on Tenda router

You have a couple issues to overcome.

1. You are in a double NAT situation where you have 2 routers (one from your ISP and your own). I can tell by your screen where you show the WAN address as 192.168.10.x. Even if you could solve your double NAT situation, your satellite provider likely will not allow inoming connections.

2. Your upload speed is really slow. With heavy transcoding you might be able to overcome this issue (assuming your provider could allow incoming connections). Unfortuanley with tailscale and your upload speed it isn't going to work.

Is there any way to get a non satellite provider or are you stuck with what you have?

Nope. Is there like a potential fix to solve the double NAT?

Yeah, you can port forward 8089 on the edge router to the tenda router. Then 8089 from the tenda to the channels server. It all may be moot because you may not be allowed by your ISP to allow incoming connections.

But how do i connect to the edge router?

That's the question... You will probably have to contact your ISP. I'm about 99% sure that you are behind a CGNAT and there is nothing you can do. Satellite providers don't give you a public ip generally. Tailscale would be your only option.

I got an idea. I have a vpn on my android tv where im running the server. If i connect to a statip ip server coud that fix the double NAT?

If you mean a VPN so you can get content out of your region, no.

Tailscale would be your only option.

BTW the double nat is an issue but the main one that you can do nothing about is your ISP not giving you a public routable address where you can accept incoming connections

Alright thanks for the help.

I have a question. Could a hp printer with wifi direct interfere with the main router for remote streaming?

no .. I have an HP printer that way. I also have a router/AImesh system in my house, but I had to set my XFINITY modem to Bridge mode. Your problem is not the router but the firewall on your satellite/modem.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.