Port forwarding with Eero

I am having a problem for which I haven't been able to find a solution. I can't connect to Remote DVR outside the home network while using the Channels App in iOS, despite the fact that I can in fact connect to Channels DVR Settings screen outside the network from a web browser. I can even watch live tv and recordings this way. I have also noticed while either in manual or automatic (I generally keep it on manual) port forwarding settings the URL under port forwarding just sits and spins perpetually and says "Requesting HTTPS Certificate."

I'm running Channels DVR on a 2018 Mac mini and I am using an HDHomeRun Prime. My home network hardware is an Eero Pro from 2018. That Mac mini is connected to the router via wired connection with a gigabit switch in between (there aren't enough ports on the Eero Pro). My Eero is also assigning IP addresses to all devices on the network. I've set a static IP for the Mac mini and have set up port 8089 for Channels server. I double checked that it was open properly with portchecker.co. I have Verizon Fios Internet the comes directly to my Eero (no Verizon router) and Fios Cable Card service.

Does anyone know why I can't connect to the server from outside the network via the app? I can still connect remotely in the browser. Does it require an HTTPS certificate? I can If so, why isn't one being provided? This all worked fine last week until I had reinstall the DVR server software. Should I wipe it out and start over?

I've included screenshots of the way I've set it up.

Please turn remote access off and back on

I have problems with port forwarding and Fios with their new G3100 router and haven't solved it yet. It also said open but did not work. But I am working all my other issues and I will get back to that later on.

yeah I tried that. few times :-/

Is it still spinning for HTTPS?

Wow. The HTTPS stopped spinning and it is now reachable outside my home network using the iOS app. I didn’t make any changes on either the eero or the channels server. I wonder why this happened. Did it simply take 72 hours to request an HTTPS certificate? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I made a change before I asked you to try turning it off and back on. Good to hear it's working now.

woah thank you.

Sorry for old thread bump. I've got the "Requesting HTTPS Certificate" spinning arrows and can't find a solution other than turn remote access off and back on, which hasn't worked.

Try now

Kinda spooky, but all set now.
Thanks!!

1 Like