Possible features to help with PRIME 6 Delay

First off, I love the product! Thanks for all of the work you’ve put in on it.

Considering the extended delay of the PRIME 6 and the addition of TVE sources to Channels DVR, I have two feature requests.

A little background — since the PRIME sources are limited to three, they can become quite valuable at peak times. My personal preference (and my ego makes it that I can imagine others might view the world similarly) is to prioritize the PRIME for recordings and on my main viewing TV a few reasons: (1) It provides a more reliable signal over my OTA connection [it is a travesty when a thunderstorm creates pixelation during a recording of Grey’s Anatomy for my wife :wink: ] (2) TVE goes against my data cap (3) PRIME provides digital audio. However, on my lesser used devices (i.e. bedroom TV, mobile devices), I use other source priorities to preserve PRIME tuners so I don’t affect my recordings. (i.e. I prioritize QUATRO and TVE over PRIME)

Therefore, the feature requests I’d like to make are:
(1) allow selection or preference of a specific source in the advanced recording settings. (My example here is I record the local news and I’d prefer to record that OTA on my QUATRO to preserve PRIME tuners for more important recordings)

(2) With multiple viewing sources, there are sometimes multiple channels sources. If a channel is being viewed live on another device (and the two viewing devices have different source priorities), it appears tuner sharing only looks at the specific channel, and therefore multiple sources are sometimes used to view the same channel at the same time. Would it be possible to have the option to make Tuner Sharing use the specific “Program ID” when deciding to share instead of the channel itself (if that’s how it actually works)?

Thanks for your time in consideration. Please advise if you need more detail or clarity.

On the web UI you can enter the channel number which would force using the OTA channel.

Yes, tuner sharing is based on the channel number. I guess you have different priorities set on different TVs, so the channel numbers aren't being tried in the same order?

Thanks for pointing out the channel on the web UI, that's perfect!

I do have different priorities on different TVs, so that's the rub I guess. Just requesting a different method if possible (maybe based on Title, although I'm sure that could get messy.) that would prevent the same title from being watched from two different sources at the same time.

Thanks again for all the great work ChannelsDVR!