Possible to list a channel twice in the guide (from different sources)?

Is it possible to list a channel twice in the guide, if the channel is in two different sources?

I know that seems odd, but I'm using the androidhdmi-for-channels program with an HDMI encoder for some channels, including my local Fox channel. That channel is available via TV Everywhere, but usually says "Sign Off" in the guide except for when the national network is broadcasting at night. The HDMI encoder gets the channel at all times, but is slow to tune.

I'd prefer to use the TV Everywhere version of the Fox channel when it isn't in "Sign Off" status, and the HDMI encoder version at all other times.

(Sorry if this is answered elsewhere. I searched and couldn't find it)

Yes you just need to make sure they have different channel-id= in your M3U

If they have the same tvc-station-id then you may also need to disable the guide stacking feature in the app under Settings > Manage Sources

(Although if one says SIGN OFF then the station ids will be different).

Thank you. One of them is through YouTube TV, and I didn't see an ability to modify any settings with that, but maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

1 Like

You can't modify the TVE one, but you can do whatever with the custom one you've added

Scratch that. Duh, I was able to change it in my Encoder source. My brain is a little slow today.