Possible to make Confirmation optional? I.E. Confirm Channel Change - Live TV

This is probably very much an edge case question but I figured I would put it out there anyway.

We're using this as a cable replacement that both my Mom and I are using. I've gotten to the point with antennas, etc. that I'm trying my Mom out on it. I've set her up with a very minimal remote that uses Flirc. She can change channels/volume and nothing else. She's interested in all the bells and whistles but gets flustered trying to use them.

Anyway, she is not pausing live TV but every so often if there's any buffering she may end up a little behind and when she hits the channel up/down button, she gets a pop up asking to confirm if she wants to change channels. At least that's what I guess is happening re: buffering. I've seen the pop up asking if she's sure she wants to change channels. I understand the purpose of this but it sure would be nice if I could set her app to just always change stations. I've looked through all the menus and can't find anything that would suggest I can turn this dialog off.

I'm going to get her a slightly more advanced remote to pair with Flirc though. She has rarely used anything but channel up/down but there are enough stations now that she is wishing for the option to use the station numbers to jump stations. So I'll try to find a remote with enough extra buttons that I can give her a button to confirm she wants to change channels if that dialog pops up. So I think I can get around this but it would be awesome if there is/could be an option to not ask in the first place.

Oh in case it makes a difference we are using the TiVo Stream 4k. I started to put this in the Android forum but it's such a general question I wasn't sure if the client version was relevant.

Thanks for any info!

Mark