Preparing your tv

Liking the new v4 app on the Apple TV, but not sure about the message "Preparing your tv..." when the app is launched- to me if feels every time I see this I think the app is going through some set up process rather than simply launching, and the message seems a bit out of place. Can it be removed?

I think it beats a plain purple screen with a spinning circle, but if I had a choice I would add some text that indicated what it was doing, and perhaps a percentage complete or a progress bar. I would find that helpful when it seems like it’s taking a while.

I have very few complaints about the Channels UI, but I agree with you 100% on this one.

Maybe something like the old BeOS boot screen. It was a series of greyscale icons that lit up/colored as that stage in the boot process was reached. (I don't believe there was text describing the stage, and I think Haiku continues this.)

when it appears for me, its less than a second. never had any issues with it being delayed and sitting there.

I’m guessing that the load time depends on how many channels are in the channel list, and possibly the size of your library. It takes about five seconds or so for me.