Prices for Apps

Hi there. Is there somewhere that I can easily find prices out? I can see links to Apps for iOS Apple TV Android etc, but I can't seem to find prices. I have no interest in anything that wants an ongoing subscription, but I have no issues at all in paying up front for an App.

Many thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Be aware that the paid app is different in that it’s just a client for HDHomerun tuners.

I can’t seem to find a price though. Not for the Apple or iPhone etc

1 Like

Apologies. Just found them in the link. So would I be paying for each app? Shield iPhone Apple TV etc?

If you Subscribe to the DVR you can Install in as many devices you want for free. The Paid APP for Android/AppleTV is not worth it as you can use the HDHomeRun app for free if all you want to do is watch TV.

If you want to record, see below.
Channels — Subscribe (getchannels.com)

Yes, you have to pay per platform. Each platform has its own App Store. App Stores don’t share purchase information Between each other.

It’s a paid app.

1 Like

That's awesome thanks. I take it there's no way of paying a one off fee like with Plex pass or similar? Thrying to chord cut, so an ongoing sub isn't something I'm looking at doing. Currently using Plex for live TV but I liked the look of the Channels interface.

You can try the DVR for 30 Days free and once you do you will see how much better it is than PLEX.

Plus the Support by developers and community is outstanding.

The paid app does not represent our full product.

It is a standalone paid once app that only plays live TV from an HDHomerun.

The full feature set that you see on our website is available via our subscription. it requires an additional piece of software, Channels DVR Server, to be installed on an always on computer.

We do not offer any lifetime subscription. The plans are monthly or yearly

Many thanks for the replies. I'm stopping my Sky sub to move away from subscriptions so that's not for me then but I'm sure it's a great app. I do appreciate the fast responses though and i'll check in from time to time to see if anything other than subscription ever comes about. Thanks again.