Problem with Multiple Networks on Channels DVR Settings

I have been using Channels DVR with a Synology 920+ that is ethernet wired directly to my Netgear Orbi RBK750 Router. ISP is Verizon Fios Gigabit which is an ethernet cable directly from the ONT to the Orbit router. I have been enjoying channels for about 4 months now. The clients are all firestick's. One of which is ethernet wired and the others are wifi connected. The issue I'm having is that for some reason in my Channels DVR settings it is showing 2 networks. Here are the relevant settings from the Channels DVR settings page...

Bonjour Settings: Advertising dvr-bqnas.local. via 2 networks: [192.168.1.2, 169.254.20.235]

Port Forwarding Listening on 100.14.68.164:8089

Support Tab: Remote Access Fail: b86a8deec3a9.u.channelsdvr.net is pointed at 71.246.29.74 but the current IP for this system is 100.14.83.36

When I setup Channels DVR initially I went into my router settings and created a static IP for the NAS of 192.168.1.2. Then followed the setup instructions for Channel DVR.

1. How do I fix this multiple network issue?
  2. I have been noticing a lot of video and audio out of sync on many channels - not all, but many lately. How can I fix this issue? It doesn't seem to be an internet issue as all my clients have over 200mb/sec throughput.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Ben

Diagnostic Logs Submitted: 3bf7c8c6-ee6a-4fb0-bf9e-d2a0b060141f

The sources I am using are all TVE. Verizon Fios, DirecTV, and also a Pluto M3U.

Sounds like a double NAT maybe. What are all the network router devices installed in your home?

There is the main netgear orbi router where the NAS with Channels is connected, and then there are two wireless netgear orbi satellites on the network as well. Is there any issue with this setup or any way to fix?

What about ISP router?

No. There is no ISP router. The internet comes straight from the Fios ONT terminal to my netgear orbi router. After some searching the only thing I can see is that within the synology 920+ NAS, in the CONTROL PANEL>NETWORK>NETWORK INTERFACE, I see that only LAN 1 is enabled where the NAS is plugged in with the ethernet cable to the router with IP 192.168.1.2 - but I see that LAN 2 has the IP Address of 169.254.20.235 in the synology network settings. LAN 2 on the NAS is not enabled, but I cannot find a way to remove those credentials from the synology networking section for LAN 2.

1 Like

The 169.x address doesn't matter.

The 100.x address is weird and must be coming from one of your routers

Looks like this is owned by Verizon and I guess they're using some sort of CGNAT now.

None of this would affect audio sync. Are you using Channels v3.1.1?

I am using 3.1.0. I have is set to supposedly auto-update the app. Is there an easier way to update to 3.1.1 on the firestick?

I am now using 3.1.1. I like the PIP. The audio sync issues are still happening on certain channels. Specifically golf channel for example. I have 5 different firesticks all running channels dvr. It is happening on all of them - some worse than others. Other channels the audio sync is not an issue.

If you record that channel and play the recording, is it also out of sync?

I testes. Out of sync both live and also on recording as well.