Programming not available in your area.....or similar

Why do I get this with some channels? I'll start watching then that pops up. I have to back out and go back in a couple times then it stays fine. Was it not reading my location or something?

Where are you seeing it saying that? Can you take a photo of what you're talking about There isn't anything that checks your location while you're streaming...

Diagnostic from the DVR could be helpful in identifying what's going on there — I can't quite tell from your description.

Yea it was happening while watching MotorTrend Network. It happened again and stayed up for 5 seconds then went away. Happened probably once every half hour. Each time I wasn't fast enough to grab a photo. The screen that came up looked like the screen during a commercial slot with no commercial and it said something about the content is not available for streaming but I might be able to view the content on demand. I'll go back to the network and see if I can grab a photo.

@eric here it is.

Huh. We haven’t seen anything like that before. And you said if you just ignore it it goes back to the program?

1 Like

I've seen this behavior on other Discovery networks, too. Also, occasionally you'll get a screen saying "technical difficulties", and then it returns to programming.

2 Likes

Correct, if I ignore it, the program comes back on after 5 seconds or so.

This happens all the time on many TVE channels. I have noticed, ever since starting to use TVE. It also appears sometimes if watch the networks live stream online via its the Xfinity stream site.

Some shows that air, are not supposed to be live streamed on the internet stream....i guess that means.

Most often happen on Discovery networks. The "Not available for live streaming" or the In commercial break screens. They both always go away after a few secs.

I have had the Not available for stream thing come up just as a show starts, but it has always gone away after like 5 secs, then show starts. Never had to back out channel and relaod.

I have recorded many programs on those channels, not one of them have had any issues or missing show content.

This is a generic error message that's sometimes shown when no ad inventory is available.

1 Like

No that one is different from the one shown in commercials. The image is the same but the text is not. This one pops up in the middle of the content.