Progress bars everywhere

I liked the first way much better than this new bar. It’s distracting. I can’t stop looking at them. It’s like they are just underlines for the title of the show.

The other way was much better, more subtle and easier to understand.

2 Likes

Does anyone really know what time it is?

Can we illusion it into a progress line? :smiley:

I’ll throw my 2 cents in. I really don’t understand what the bars are showing. Look at the Braves game in the image below. Shouldn’t it be a shorter bar if the % complete is less than the other shows? I’ve read the posts above but I can’t see how this is helpful and agree that I’d rather see the tick mark back and this removed or at least an option to turn it off.

@maddox thanks for the hard work and listening to us give the constructive criticism!

Think of it as a smaller version of the timeline bar when the video is full screen. That’s all it is.

In swat, it’s 852 so 8 minutes left in the show. The bar is showing 52 minutes of progress in the cell.

As I see it, the "progress bar" displayed is a percentage of the program that has already occurred, and its length is the percentage of the program's block in the guide. Since that ball game presumably goes to 10 or later, then the progress bar will be considerably longer, because the duration of the game is longer.

For a second example, look at the progress bars for SWAT and DDD. SWAT is an hour program, so the progress bar is further along; SWAT is 83% (5/6), while DDD is 67% (2/3).

1 Like

You’re comparing it to other items, which has no significance. It’s showing progress of the airing. Other items have no relevance to it.

Got it. Silly question.

I like it. It makes sense to me now. Tick mark or not, I like being able to quickly assess how much of a live program is already passed.

1 Like

A thought occurred to me… why not both? Use the shading with the tick mark to indicate current time, and the progress bar to show the percentage completion of the airing. This way you can quickly see the current time as well as tell if a show is just starting or almost completed at a glance. Just a thought. :grimacing:

1 Like

Chicago!!

1 Like

I don't mind the progress bars but I did like the time marker. When waiting for a show to start, it's nice to see how much time you have before it starts while surfing the guide.

As of the latest TestFlight beta, the Dot...Is...Back.

7 Likes

Guys......

7 Likes

What a waste of time...

2 Likes

Well, Channels is officially 100% perfect now. No new features required. Congrats everybody! We did it!

1 Like

Phew.

5 Likes

I still don't have my "Make TV Better" button.

1 Like

the little time bullet thing is back....rejoice!!!