Provider - Cox: SEC_(Network) experiences?

We recently got our DVR_server (w/ TVE) up & running w/ our Cox login. Everything seems fine & we're receiving almost all of the channels we've tried, w/ the exception of the SEC_Network (every other ESPN network we've tried has worked). I would like to hear from other (Cox customers) who've tried to watch &/or record the SEC; & your personal experiences (good or bad).

Thanx, would appreciate any thoughts &/or feedback.

I guess the first question is: Do your Cox credentials give you access to SEC? When you login to ESPN online using your Cox credentials, can you access the content from SEC network? Or when you use the ESPN app and link it with your Cox credentials does it give you access to the Live feed from its SEC channel?

If the answer was Yes to the previous questions, then it's something to investigate. If the answer if No, then it's most likely that while your Cox cable subscription includes the SEC network (and maybe SEC+, too), it does not appear to include TV Everywhere access for the SEC network(s).

Hi,
The answer to the first 3 questions are yes.

Also I double-checked (b4 I posted) by going to {secsports.com/video/channel/sec} & logged-in w/ our Cox credentials & was able to watch it Live.

And I previously went to {cox.com/residential/tv/channel-lineup.html} where it shows the SEC network w/ a TVE badge & a * denoting DRM 'protection' (confirmed by my.hdhomerun.com).

So perhaps you understand my quandary?

(BTW, I believe it was U that posted the other day, trying to help another 'newb' w/ his 'Shield misunderstandings'. I felt that U & the other guy were fairly clear explaining the difference between it as a Server, & a Client.
my 2cents FWIW.:relieved:)

What is the error message displayed for the SEC channel? (In the DVR web UI, click on the Cox TVE source, then click on the Edit button in the upper-right. Scroll down to SEC—6144—and there will be some text indicating why the channel could not be added. For example, it may say notAuthorized: 0033:The customer is not authorized for the content requested, or something similar.)

Also, in the drop-down next to the error message will be an option to Rescan; give that a try, as there may have been some minor issue upon first scan.

Beyond that, I don't think I can offer anything else. Since you can access the feeds from the website, there isn't much more direction I personally can offer.

The error message displayed: Post https://sp.auth.adobe.com/adobe-services/authorize: net/http: request canceled (Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers)

I followed your (clearly written :ok_hand:) directions & Rescan(ing) seemed to do the trick. The only issue left was a lack of program data (it just said SEC Network), so I went to the Guide Database & selected 'Fetch Guide Updates' & that seems to have resolved the issue.

Thank you so much for your help. (I'd like to select ":white_check_mark: Solved" but I'm still a lil' new to this forum, so I'm not sure how)
Thanx again :+1:

2 Likes