Provider - FuboTV

I use FuboTV on AppleTV, and while I love Channels, I specifically use the FuboTV app when I want to watch than one tuner, because MultiView is seriously glorious. I love how it's handled and wish more apps (like Channels or better yet, tvOS itself) would support simultaneous streams like this! Multiview is why I chose Fubo over YouTube TV and all the others.

Right there with you. It's a game-changer.

Thanks guys. I think I'll stay with Direct TV for now and watch this space. Either need 4k to be supported via TVE or multi view to come to channels in a way I can use it.
No rush for either

Quick question, does anyone who uses FuboTV also have access to Starz via TVE if they add Starz to their FuboTV account? I'm in the trial period of FuboTV and am thinking of dropping Verizon Fios TV now that antenna is solid and FuboTV has most of what we are looking for.

I did a search for FuboTV and Starz and got zero hits on the forums, so just curious if anyone has already tried it and can report success or failure?

Premium channels (HBO, Starz, Showtime, etc.) are not supported in Channels via TVE, nor are there any plans to do so.

I'm considering subscribing to a streaming-TV provider for exclusive use within Channels TVE and, for a number of reasons, FUBO is at the top of my list. I've read in this forum that some streaming-TV services have trouble authenticating within Channels -- most notably YTTV. I want a smooth experience so my question is simply: As of today, does FUBO play nice with Channels and authenticate without issue?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

@kelson,

I had no trouble authenticating FUBO to Channels, it's been 100% smooth sailing.

Thanks

Not authorized on SNY tonight. Sent diagnostics in.

I’ll try a source drop/readd

Edit - didn’t work.

try prerelease

Better now - thanks!

Was this ever resolved? (I think not but am new). I came upon this and thought I'd give it a swing but it seems like none of the channels I really watch on Fubo are covered. The posting about not being able to implement Bein sports is from 2019 but also found that the MSG channels are also missing. Is there any active work to resolve missing channels like these?

It's not possible. I think maybe others have found a way to add MSG via custom channels if you search the forums.

You can see the list of channels we support on Channels Support - TV Everywhere Availability

This can be done - log in to msggo on the web with your provider. Watch msg live and extract the 0.m3u8 link the site generates. Use that to add a custom channel. Same can be done for plus. This is not a set it and forget it solution - I have to redo the web login process and get a new m3u8, edit my custom channel text and update the link approximately once a week as they have been expiring at that frequency for me.

As mentioned there is a dedicated thread specifically discussing this approach.

I have been using FUBO with Channels for several months now in SW Florida. It has been almost flawless with very good TVE support. Periodic problem with dropping a group of channels and always the same group, HGTV, Food, Magnolia and a couple of others. Easiest fix has been to delete provider and the add it back and rescan. Great 250 hour DVR as a secondary and has a start from beginning feature on a lot of programs. One major problem and FUBO explained it. Sony Bravia Android TVs have problem with their built in TV memory. It occasionally drops FUBO and have to reauthorize it on the Sony TV. Other problems with the Sony which makes it a pain in the ass and sorry I bought it. One is no on screen keyboard which makes it impossible to enter passwords. Other TV is using a Firestick and that has been pretty much flawless.

I just signed up for Fubo TV in Canada mainly for Premier League soccer that they now have the rights for here. Tried adding to Channels with TV Everywhere but all I get is the kind of channels available from many sources like Newsy, CBSNews etc. None of the channels I pay for show up. Maybe this is a Canadian thing?

As far as I am aware, TV Everywhere is solely limited to US customers. I am unaware of any CA providers that participate. (Most networks geoblock their streams and deny any non-US IP address access to the content; additionally most providers also block the known IP addresses used by VPNs and VPS/hosting providers.)

1 Like

Ok thanks

Can anyone with Fubo and Channels confirm if you can get the History channel?

When I tested Fubo a while ago, these are the networks that were supported:

• A+E
  • AMC
  • Crown
  • Discovery
  • Disney (including ESPN, FX, and NatGeo)
  • Fox News
  • NBC Sports
  • NBCUniversal
  • ViacomCBS

A+E Networks are A&E, History, fyi,, and Lifetime; their TVE contracts may have changed in the last 18 months, but History used to be supported.

EDIT: As noted below, it appears that A+E Networks' channels are no longer available on Fubo.