Provider - PSVue

I found that many stations fail during the initial setup scan with the error "failed: chrome auth_timed_out". For the channels reporting that specific error I have found a workaround.

Sample Error:
2019/07/27 12:42:11 [TVE] Channel scan 78/176 SCIENCE failed: chrome auth_timed_out

Workaround:
Step 1: Go to settings page on DVR server webpage.
Step 2: In Sources section, click the active link "XXX Channels" for your TVE provider.
Step 3: Click the edit button in top Right corner on same line where it says "TVE Channels"
Step 4: Scroll to any channel that shows a status of "auth_timed_out" and click the gear and select "rescan"
Step 5: Wait about 5-10 seconds. Channel should now be added to source.
Step 6: Repeat Step 4 and 5 on all remaining channels with that error. Once completed all channels that previously reported this error were successfully added.

Not sure what is causing the initial scan to fail, but my guess is it is likely a rate limiter of some sort on the PS Vue servers. Also sent a support request with these items and full logs.

I get an error message when I try to add Playstation Vue as a source

I can log into PS Vue with the same credentials on the same computer (Mac Mini) and it works fine.

Here is the log entry for this error:

2019/07/27 23:04:52 [TVE] action=fill_form u=k(login name)
2019/07/27 23:04:52 [TVE] action=request type=Document method=POST url=https://auth.api.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.do
2019/07/27 23:04:52 [TVE] action=wait_for_auth
2019/07/27 23:04:56 [TVE] action=page_ready
2019/07/27 23:05:04 [TVE] action=auth_timed_out
2019/07/27 23:05:04 [TVE] action=screenshot
2019/07/27 23:05:05 [TVE] Auth failed for sony_auth-gateway_net: chrome auth_timed_out

Working this morning, must have been a PlayStation Vue server issue. That said, missing my local Fox Sports afilliate (Fox Sports Southwest) although I have access in the Fox Sports Go app and on PSVue.

Please click-and-hold the Check For Updates button and it should fix the missing Fox Sports issue.

The setup with PSVue was very easy. There were a few channels that failed with the "failed: chrome auth_timed_out" error. Rescanning each of these channels individually added them successfully.

This is a far better solution than HDHomerun Premium or HDHomerun Prime + Cable Card for these reasons:

• Setup was easier and less trouble prone.
  • The set of channels contains all of the channels I want, since they are the same channels in my PSVue package. They are not a different set of channels randomly chosen by someone else (HDHomerun Premium).
  • The resolution and video quality are far superior to those from the HDHomerun Premium experience. I wish that 1080 resolution was possible, but that requires changes from TCM and PSVue as well. I do get a few pixelated spots in the video from time to time, which I will be closely monitoring.
  • There is no need for an outrageously priced cable TV subscription and cable card rental (HDHomerun Prime + Cable Card). This truely keeps the cord cut.
  • So far, this is much more reliable than HDHomerun Premium.

I have so far noticed one problem. Commercial detection is run on the TVE recordings. However commercial detection never finds any commercials in any TVE recordings from CNN, even in programs that clearly do contain lots of long commercial breaks.

Thank you for adding TVE. Please do keep TVE as an official, first class feature!

11 posts were split to a new topic: Hallmark Drama

Today the BBC America HD Channel isn't streaming well. It is having a lot of trouble with the "Goldfinger" Bond movie that is currently airing. It stutters, pixelates, stops and restarts, repeatedly shows the same sequence, sometimes has audio that does not match the video, etc. The problem is visible in the web UI from Chrome and on the tvos Channels app. However, everything appears normal from the ios Channels app and from the PSVue app on ios and tvos. So it looks like it may be a Channels problem.

I tried upgrading Channels to the latest build, but that makes no difference. I'm currently running 2019.08.04.2357. I tried rescanning the BBCAHD channel, but that also makes no difference. There was nothing wrong with BBCAHD a couple of days ago. I'm not seeing any problems with any of the other channels.

Might be a recurring issue with BBCA. It was performing poorly for 2-3 days last week.

The feed is coming from BBCA's website not PSVue, so please see if it works on http://www.bbcamerica.com/livestream or not.

Since a week ago when I reported the BBCAHD problems, the video problems have disappeared. The only remaining problem that I see is in their audio. The volume sometimes drops lower and then returns to normal. It most often occurs when returning to a program from a commercial break and when transitioning to the next scene in a program. I'll continue to monitor this.

I see that many, but not all, of the movies I record from TCM are 1080i! This is great :+1:!

What devices (Model & Type) are you using to watch Channels TVE? i.e., which device?: iPad Air, Samsung S-9, ATV4K, Samsung TV, iMac 2014?

And you won't see any. Nobody streams in 1080i.

Many of my recordings from TCM and BBCAHD do have the 1080i tag.

On tvos 12.4, my Apple TV 4 units are not 4K. On ios 12.3.1, I use an iPhone 6 plus. On the web UI, it's an HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13, with a 4K display and an LG 27UD58-B external monitor, running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, using Chrome Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit). My Channels DVR server runs on a QNAP TVS-471. My internet is 1 Gbps up and down through an ASUS GT-AC5300 router.

1 Like

I would think that's the original feed, I can't imagine Streaming dealing with de interlacing . I could be wrong.

Thank you very much for all of the detailed info!!!

Some of the TVE streams are in 1080p. You can click on View Details for a recording in the web UI to see what the file format is.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Smithsonian Channel

I'm getting many of these today on my TVE for PS VUE
chrome auth_timed_out.
I had 123 channels now I have only 105.
Rescan did not fix the issue.