Provider - Spectrum

but it doesn't work in channels :frowning:

I could be mistaken, but I thought none of the cable providers offered TVE access for Business Accounts.
Do you use a Business Account and it was working previously?

I don't have a business account. it's a weird error message I get exclusively with Channels

1 Like

Anyone else having problems with Spectrum tonight. I am getting "authz retries failed". Logging in on various channels websites in chrome is also failing. Just wanna make sure if it other people or just me. I am leaning toward a them problem and not a me problem.

4c44790f-ff1e-4cc8-8453-0f6493f28fc0

1 Like

Me Too. "authz retries failed" on Spectrum channels 6001-6333. I deleted the source and added Spectrum TVE again. Same errors.

1 Like

Deleted and added the source again. Looks like the channels are reauthorizing correctly this time. Hope so, I've got some recordings scheduled.

Yeah, mine are authorizing again too. Must have been a momentary blip.

quick followup here: Mine is now authorizing. I didn't do anything differently… it just started working again

Anyone having issues with the magnolia network? mine says 403: (access.denied.missingpackage) even when I can turn to it just fine on my cable box

Mine is working here.

Just to confirm, you are using a TVE tuner (Internet Stream) and not a cable card?

This error is usually resolved by going to the website for the channel and logging in there and making sure you can watch. Then go into Rescan in the web UI, find that one channel and click rescan next to it.

Correct, Spectrum in my area encrypts all channels but locals in my area.

When I go to the website it tells me it’s not part of my package/provider. So I opened a ticket with Discovery.

If they can’t help might talk to Spectrum, because I can go to Spectrums website and view the channel there. Just not on discovery’s website.

1 Like

Because spectrum is telling them it’s not part of your subscription. Spectrum is bad about keeping up to date especially with discovery’s networks. When I had spectrum I occasionally had this issue. It will probably authorize tomorrow or later tonight in my experience.

Seem to have lost all my spectrum TVE channels .. I either get
"https://sp.auth.adobe.com/adobe-services/authorize": context deadline exceeded (Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers)"
or
authz: 400 : Bad request.
depending on the channel.

Steps taken so far:
verified I can login through TVE over the web.
running latest prerelease
did "update password" on the spectrum tve source
rebooted pi server

none have managed to fix so coming here. I know its probably something silly but I'd really like to watch the football game :slight_smile:

also, other sources - pluto, etc. working fine so don't think its an internet issue.

This indicates some sort of server issue on Spectrum's side.

Does it work on the individual network sites with your spectrum login?

Yes I tried two networks and it shows me logged in over the web although tbs flashed some errors that disappeared but it stayed logged in and livetv was playing.

I'll give it some time and see if it resolves on its own.

EDIT: resolved on its own - must have been spectrum issue as you said.

1 Like

I am on Spectrum home network. Is there a way to manually login like I do on watch.spectrum.net and not have to enter login credentials?

1 Like

Looks like if you are running into authentication errors on setup that Spectrum may be having some issues with their servers. You may want to try at a different time. If you need set up steps for TVE they can be found here (Channels Support - Installation & Setup) you will need to scroll down to TVE setup.