Provider - Xfinity

Thank you for that explanation.

I just noticed something kinda odd.

There is a TVE channel that was combined/replaces with the Prime listing in the guide
253 WUCWDT3 (WUCW-DT3) (CHARG) 6752
(I have TVE as 1st priority tuner)

The Channels Guide shows Walker Texas Ranger is on, as does Emby and HDHR guides in their apps, as does the Xfinity Stream site Guide.

When i tune the TVE channel, the video stream I get does not match what I get when i tune the Prime tuner to that channel 253.

The TVE video stream is different show, (some wrestling thing). at first i thought it was streaming a different channel entirely, but at the top of the hour, after that wrestling show ended, the show that started next matches what my Prime shows.

The Guide data is identical on all sources, and I looked on the Xfinty Stream site, that Guide also said Walker was airing on CHARGE.

So, is this a case where, the Xfinity online stream is airing some other program instead of what the CATV stream is airing, and not following their own online guide?

I can never get through a full scan of TVE with Xfinity (Boston). It hangs at various channel numbers (highest I've gotten is 89/189) at the "Verifying access to channel:" portion, and have retried multiple times. I'm using 10.29.2226 on a Shield.

Although I have a Prime tuner, so not really sure how much benefit I'd get out of TVE (other than ability to record a 4th simultaneous show). And most likely Xfinity would prevent me from accessing via TVE when I drop my TV subscription (but keep Internet)), so I'd have to switch to another TVE provider like YouTube or Hulu.

The shield can get stuck sometimes and rebooting the device will help.

I was thinking/planning to do that. It's currently recording right now, will reboot after it's done.

Got up over the 50% mark at 108 after the reboot, but still not all the way. I'll keep playing with it, but not too concerned as it's still in beta and I don't think I'd see a need for it (with Comcast).

I have been trying to verify my xfinity credentials using TVE on my Nvidia Shield using channels DVR but it seems to be stuck in that state. I have tried repeatedly and it will either get stuck in the verification stage or stuck on a channel. Previously, I had been using my email address to login to TVE but I recently read that I should only use my username. When I used my email address, it would get me past the validation phase but get stuck in a channel. Recently, when I started using just my username, it would get stuck on the validation phase. This is long winded way of saying I need help.

1 Like

First, make sure you are on the latest pre-release version of Channels DVR. Hold the Check for updates button on the DVR web UI.

Second, ensure you have two factor authentication turned off for your comcast login, or create a secondary user and use those credentials to login.

Third, in order to change your Xfinity login credentials in Channels DVR, delete the Xfinity-TVE device and re-add it.

See the first post of this thread.

Which channel is it getting stuck at?

There was an update which I installed. 2FA is not enabled because I can log into xfinity with being sent a code. I entered my credentials again after the update and it is stuck again on Verifying login on Xfinity.

1 Like

I'm not able to get past the login.

Please email us [email protected] with the messages from the Log tab

That means you have 2FA enabled.
Unless you meant without

I just sent them.

HA! Yes I meant "without being sent a code". Thanks for the correction.

I’m having the same issues with xFinity TVE login. It either hangs somewhere in the middle at something like channel xxx/187 or it just hangs and has the spinning circle icon while validating login credentials ad infinitum.

Sounds like there's some issue on the SHIELD authenticating Xfinity. Other platforms seem to work fine.

It worked completely fine up until one of the last few updates I’ve installed.

So there is nothing you can do?

I will investigate on my shield next week

Thanks!