Provider - Xfinity

I'm not able to get past the login.

Please email us [email protected] with the messages from the Log tab

That means you have 2FA enabled.
Unless you meant without

I just sent them.

HA! Yes I meant "without being sent a code". Thanks for the correction.

I’m having the same issues with xFinity TVE login. It either hangs somewhere in the middle at something like channel xxx/187 or it just hangs and has the spinning circle icon while validating login credentials ad infinitum.

Sounds like there's some issue on the SHIELD authenticating Xfinity. Other platforms seem to work fine.

It worked completely fine up until one of the last few updates I’ve installed.

So there is nothing you can do?

I will investigate on my shield next week

Thanks!

It appears the latest beta updates breaks xfinity on shield stuck on verifying ... If you start from the google store app it works without the beta updates.

@tomar

You could try deleting the data and clearing Cache on the shield for the Channels Server and try again.

1 Like

How do you delete the data and clear the cache on the shield? Is there an option in the settings?

Yes look in the Settings Apps then Click on Channels server. then you can clear it.

I have cleared the cache and changed my Xfinity password. I was able to get past the verification phase but it hung on one of the channels. This time, it was a different channel than the past. Initiated the TVE login again and it got past the channel only to get stuck on another channel further down the line.

Create a new Xfinity user just for Channels.

That works! Thanks!

Saw this issue posted elsewhere but for an older Synology unit. TVE used to work pretty well, but now having issues.

I'm getting the "encountered exception 'Uncaught' (5:5)" error when trying to log in with my Xfinity credentials to TVE.

I'm running Channels DVR 1.0.5 (recently re-installed from 1.0.4 in an attempt to fix) on a Synology DS218+.

Version: 2019.11.19.2312

Any help would be great, thanks so much!

edit: Also just tried turning off Auto-Authentication, which was a suggestion in another thread, and still results in the error above.

Please email us the full log and a screenshot of the error image.

Thank you so much. Turns out the solution was a modem (standalone, not router) reset. Would have never thought of it but I was running out of ideas. All good now!