Provider - Xfinity

I cannot get TVE NFL Network even though my XFINITY Package includes it ... also can watch it on my primes.

Correct but it is listed as a partner provider if you click on the subscribe link after seeing that Xfinity is not shown as a provider.
Just saying we already pay for it in our package but Xfinity did not want to commit to being a official provide, they would rather try and milk their customer base for additional fees.

That's the case with a lot of Providers.
Just because you subscribe to it doesn't mean that Provider offers it as a TVE feed.
Channels DVR needs the TVE feed.

My whole point was that Fancy Bits should remove them (NFL/Redzone) from this for Xfinity

1 Like

Yeah they should remove it NFL Network is not the same as NFL Red zone.

True, NFL Redzone is at this url for TVE

But the point is I have been using this to see what TVE Channels I can get with Xfinity or other Providers.
So I don't have to go to every network live streaming website to see who supports my Provider w/TVE.

I understand it's probably a hassle to keep it updated, but if they can't, why not just land on a page with all the links to the Networks that say Check Availability and leave it up to the user to figure it out?
At least it would still be a resource where you have a link to them all.
And they could title it Links to Networks supported by Channels DVR TVE or something like that.

email sent to support titled "Files requested in Forum Topic 18118"

Just signed up for channels and hooked it up to my xfinity subscription...I'm in the Seattle area and noticed none of my locals at all show up. I get a bunch of CBS and ABC's from different locations, but no NBC or FOX anywhere, let alone my Seattle area locals. Is NBC/Fox just not playing with TVE?

1 Like

Did you enable them in web browser ...

I haven't enabled or disabled any channels -- it found 188 channels, NBC and fox (nor my locals) were among them.

1 Like

You have to enable that option to get your locals. Go to the home web page scroll down and you will see option posted above.

1 Like

Is that still in there? I don't see it in 2022.08.08.2006 Settings.

Yes, it only appears if you're using TVE

1 Like

make sure you're connecting via https:// and that your browser is allowing location services. if there's an error on the https cert, use https://my.channelsdvr.net/

then make sure the Local Networks on TV everywhere box is checked in settings, and then i'm not sure if you need to do a rescan or not, but give all that a shot.

No, the toggling of the checkmark rescans the local channels.

2 Likes

... and i suppose if it's already checked, uncheck it and check it again (after making sure you're connecting via https + location services enabled)

1 Like

You have to disable auto-authentication on that internet-only account.

I sent an email on 8/1 to support.
It hit me again today causing a recording to fail.
I captured the html pages again today when I logged in to correct the issue.
Do you need me to email the html pages again?

If you need diagnostics, I submitted them on this issue, same Channels DVR server

Had some channels stop working, but I figured out what was causing it and thought I'd share.

I use a sub-user, Channels-only, account for the dvr. Yesterday I noticed I was getting 2-factor type texts when I tried (and failed) to watch certain channels. I had done nothing to enable 2-factor authentication on this sub-user account, but apparently Xfinity just decided to require it. The only way to disable this was to remove the mobile phone number from the account, which I did. But it still didn't work. Then I saw that the user account was a "manager" account that had billing privileges, so I downgraded it to a "member" account, and it seems to have fixed everything.

probably common knowledge around here, but thought it couldn't hurt to share.

1 Like

@tmm1
Captured the html pages again today. Do you want me to email them to support again.

You found out the hard way.
It's mentioned in the first post of this thread.

1 Like