Provider - Xfinity

Correct, Just like PBS which is no longer compatible with Channels DVR

Getting context cancelled error on CNN.

1 Like

Working here with Xfinity as a Provider

Now I'm down to a couple discovery channels and a FS1/2

Tired to re add source, doesn't even bother scanning. Just says context cancelled

Read the four posts in this topic TVE Troubleshooting tips

If that doesn't help you, submit diagnostics from your DVR Server.

Thanks. Ran troubleshooting. The only issue is remote access and I know it doesn't work with T-Mobile. Logs submitted.

I do not seem to be able to get NBATV MLBTV and NFLTV I can logon to XFINNITY and watch it on Google Chrome. One more NHL Network?

You talking TVE ?. if so I believe those were removed due to DRM.

1 Like

Anyone else having trouble with the Xfinity TVE credentials on the latest release 2023.11.24.2009 & 2023.11.27.0341? I needed to re-login and am getting this error when trying to authenticate.

Diagnostic Logs below
d98d3a90-f6e2-414e-91e5-1f4c778e5b77

Never-mind, this appears to be an issue with my account specifically. I tried another account from a friend and it worked no problem.

1 Like

XFINITY TVE Asking for PWD Change ... on some Channels

1 Like

Setting a new Password IN XFINITY Acct and updating TVE fixed it first time I have ever seen that message.

I got that from Xfinity last week and changed the password for all my Xfinity user accounts and updated Channels DVR with the new ones.

my xfinity TVE stopped working within the past 3 days. i get "chrome failed to start" but also saw "invalid password" when rescanning once. i've restarted the PC, ensured chrome launches and run the troubleshooter. not really sure what is going on yet but i guess i'll try updating the xfinity password.

UPDATE: reset password, tried logging into xfinity again in channels and it instantly kicked me out of my acct on the app and made me reset password again. it's also sending me push notifications without having 2fa on now? i saw in another thread someone had to call because they basically flagged the account for suspicious activity.

strange that i don't see the same "blocked by xfinity" error as above.

1 Like

Here's what I do.
Enable 2fa on your Primary (Xfinity account holder) username.
Disable 2fa on seconday, viewer role usernames used only for Channels DVR TVE.
If you have to, you can login with your Primary (Xfinity account holder) username and change the passords on the seconday, viewer role usernames.
Do not add a mobile# or email for seconday, viewer role usernames.

Using a browser, go to one of the network live websites, like Watch the NBCUniversal Networks Live Stream - NBC.com and authenticate using your seconday, viewer role username.
See if you get any errors when authenticating there.

See TVE Troubleshooting tips - #6 by chDVRuser

1 Like

Also make sure and update your password in Channels DVR if you change it at Xfinity.

thanks for the tips, but this was working since i started using channels 3 months ago so that's not required. none of the accounts have 2fa, and nothing was changed. i seem to be locked out of the 'stream' app entirely now but can still access billing. not entirely sure how 2fa was turned on. doing some other digging, it looks like xfinity has changed something in their auth flow that especially doesn't like the channel scanning. the frequent logins might be flagging the accounts in the system.

still not sure why i was seeing "chrome failed to start" as i still get the non-auth required TVE channels and they work.

and yes, i updated my password in channels after. then when i did rescan all channels, xfinity kicked me out and is now forcing another password change. i am going to call support and see if my account is flagged.

Did you update to the latest Channels DVR Pre-Release version and run Troubleshooting?
What are you running your Channels DVR Server on?

If that's true, how would they know where to send the push notification to?
You must have entered a mobile# or non-Xfinity email for recovery on one of them.

1 Like

TVE source is dead in the water for me too. I’ve tried all the usual fixes. Developer console shows 403 forbidden.

One tab over I can log in to xfinity stream with no issue. Wouldn’t be surprised if they’re actively blocking channelsDVR at this point.

1 Like