Provider - Xfinity

Must be clean living (ie, not using my daddy's cable account :smile:)

Please try v2021.03.22.1958

6 Likes

Looking good. And Scan was fast.

So far so good. Authenticated and scanned channels in about 10 minutes. Didn't lose my favorites, which was great!

Nice job!

Well done!

Got all but 3 channels back, I verified 2 of the 3 channels through their online interface, plus I do know I had access prior.

Food Network: 403 Forbidden: Access to the requested resource path has been forbidden: [Authorized Networks: None] [Authorized Products: None].

TLC: 403 Forbidden: Access to the requested resource path has been forbidden: [Authorized Networks: None] [Authorized Products: None].

NBCSN : unavailable in current location (Couldn't figure out where the live online stream one with this was was actually.)

I did a rescan of every channel manually and submitted a diagnostic log.

Had to reset my password after the first scan. It's all good now, got my 165 TVE channels back.

dumb question but I got an xfinity email to reset my password...which I did. i left 2FA turned off but how do i update my password on Channels TVE?

You can remove the source and re-add it or there is a command somewhere posted to do it.

1 Like

Did you try individually rescanning those first two channels? The third will be fixed in the next prerelease.

Unfortunately didn't work for me.

Updated to 2021.03.22.1958. Restarted docker container. Failed to log in with Xfinity.

I confirmed outside the container that I was able to login normally at xfinity.com and xfinity stream

Yes, I did. Oddly enough, on one server they scanned in just fine, and the other they gave me this error. Plus on a third, I'm getting a Authentication error like previously.

1 Like

will that mess up my dvr favorites or scheduled recording? if so that won't pass the wife test.

1 Like

Random thought, is it possible the symbols in my password are messing it up?

If you're using the same comcast login from multiple servers, that's probably not a good idea and is just going to trip their lock out mechanism more often.

Submit diagnostics.

No. But I am looking at making it easier to change your password.

2 Likes

The next pre-release (v2021.03.22.2217, eta 20 min) has an option to update your password.

2 Likes

Don’t know if this is helpful or not but I decided to try the new version even though I wasn’t having a problem with xfinity. By the time I finished scanning, i got a password reset email.

Updated to 2153, restart container, waited ~1 min. Added xfinity and failed login. Logs are 4d6b246a-ae96-42bf-bfd2-c7078e0499d1

If you're using the same comcast login from multiple servers, that's probably not a good idea and is just going to trip their lock out mechanism more often.

That's probably a fair assessment. I've created different users for each one though. If Xfinity won't allow me to do different locations (Ie: defeating the purpose of TV "Everywhere", then they'll lose a customer. Regional Sports be damned.) My whole goal of this was to have 3 different spots where I frequent without sending so much data out of my house. 1) Because of Xfinity's data cap, 2) Because their upload speeds suck donkey balls.

Did you remove/readd, Rescan all, or something else?