Provider - Xfinity

thank you so much, sorry for my ignorance

Here is my TVE Lineup from Xfinity Digital Premiere package. Location: Houston Area:

Blockquote
Xfinity (TVE-Comcast_SSO)
122 channels
TVE Channels
6007 CSPAN CSPANHD
6008 CSPAN2 CSPN2HD
6009 CSPAN3 CSPN3HD
6030 CNN CNNHD
6031 HLN HLNHD
6032 CNNI CNNI
6033 TBS TBSHD
6034 TBSP TBSHDP
6035 TNT TNTHD
6036 TNTP TNTPHD
6037 TRU TRUTVHD
6038 TRUP TRUTVHP
6039 TCM TCMHD
6041 TOON TOONHD
6042 TOONP TOONPHD
6050 MSNBC MNBCHD
6051 CNBC CNBCHD
6052 USA USAHD
6054 SYFY SYFYHD
6056 E EHD
6060 OXYGEN OXYGNHD
6062 SPROUT UKIDSH
6070 NGC NGCHD
6071 NGCP NGCPHD
6072 NGWILD NGWIHD
6073 FNC FNCHD
6074 FBN FBNHD
6080 FX FXHD
6081 FXP FXPHD
6082 FXX FXXHD
6083 FXXP FXXPHD
6084 FXM41 FXM
6085 SUNDANCE SUNSTR
6086 AMC AMCHD
6087 BBCA BBCAHD
6088 IFC IFCSTR
6089 WETV WETVSTR
6090 HALLMARK HALLHD
6091 HALLMARKMM HMMHD
6092 POP POPHD
6093 OVATION OVATNHD
6095 REELZ REELZ
6100 OWN OWNHD
6101 DISCOVERY DSCHD
6102 FOOD FOODHD
6103 ANIMAL-PLANET APLHD
6104 HGTV HGTVD
6105 TLC TLCHD
6106 TRAVEL TRAVHD
6107 INVESTIGATION-DISCOVERY IDHD
6108 DIY DIYHD
6109 COOKING-CHANNEL COOKHD
6110 SCIENCE SCIHD
6111 AHC AHCHD
6112 DESTINATION-AMERICA DESTHD
6113 DISCOVERY-LIFE DLCHD
6114 MOTORTREND MTHD
6120 DISNEY DISNHD
6121 DISNEYP DISNHDP
6122 DISNEYJR DJCHHD
6123 DISNEYJRP DJCHHDP
6124 DISNEYXD DXDHD
6125 DISNEYXDP DXDHDP
6126 FREEFORM FREFMHD
6127 FREEFORMP FRFMHDP
6140 ESPN1 ESPNHD
6141 ESPN2 ESPN2HD
6143 ESPNEWS ESPNWHD
6144 SEC SECH
6146 ESPNDEPORTES ESPND
6159 GOLF GOLFHD
6160 OLYMPICS OLYHD
6161 NBCSN NBCSNHD
6197 FS1 FS1HD
6198 FS2 FS2HD
6205 FS-RSN-FSS2 FSS2
6206 FS-RSN-FSSTX6 FSSTX6
6700 AS-RICKANDMORTY
6701 AS-THEERICANDRE
6702 AS-THEVENTUREBROS
6703 AS-OFFTHEAIR
6750 BUZZR WYBNLD (BUZZR)
6751 COMET WRGBDT3 (COMET)
6752 CHARGE WCWNDT2 (CHARGE)
6753 CONTV CONSTR
6754 REVN WYBNLD5 (REVN)
6755 TBD WRGBDT2 (TBD)
6756 DOVE DOVESTR
6757 NASA NASA
6758 NBCNEWS
6759 NEWSNET WYBNLD8 (NEWSNT)
6760 CHEDDAR CBNSTR
6761 CHEDDARBIZ CHDDRSD
6762 ETLIVE CBSETL
6763 FRANCE24 WYBNLD4 (F24EN)
6764 NEWSMAX NEWSMXH (NEWSMX)
6765 CBSSPORTSHQ CBSSPHQ
6766 CBSNEWS CBSNSTR
6767 ABCNEWS ABCNEWS (ABC)
6768 BLOOMBERG BLOOMHD
6769 NHKWORLD NHKWHD (NHKWRLD)
6770 COURTTV COURT
6771 DW DWEUR
6772 CAS CASHD (CAS)
6773 CMCUSA KKPMCD2 (CMCUSA)
6774 CMC KKPMCD3 (CMC)
6776 WEATHERNATION WTHRNHD
6777 PBSKIDS WNETDT2 (HD06)
6778 FSTV FSTV
6779 RT-AMERICA RTAMER
6780 ALJAZEERA ALJZENG
6781 DABL DABL
6950 EVINE SHPHQHD
6951 HSN HSNHD
6952 HSN2 HSN2HD (HSN)
6953 QVC QVCHD (QVC)
6954 QVC2 QVC2HD
6955 QVC3 QVC3HD
6970 NY-CBSNEWS
6972 LA-CBSNEWS
6973 LA-KTLA
6974 BOS-CBSNEWS

I am missing Discovery Family Channel.
zip 55426
Not sure if any other is missing, but the other Discovery channles are there....
I can stream D.F. fine via the Xfinity Stream site and android app.

Discovery family channel does not have a website or live stream available via TVE.

1 Like

What do u mean "TVE".....it is available to stream through the Xfinity stream site (Normal filter or using the "TV GO" filter.), and via the Discovery Family app after u login with the CATV info.

I also notice, the Nickelodeon channels do not show up in Channels scan, as well as Lifetime Movie network...all of witch are streamable via the site.

TV Everywhere is the system that Channels DVR uses. It doesn't use Xfinity's website or app- instead it goes to sites like TBS.com and gets the network stream directly. Nick and Lifetime don't have live streams on their websites.

We will check out Discovery Family to see if their live stream can be added.

3 Likes

I don't get how DF can not be available...it has the same CATV login support as the others channels on the xfinty site and DF app u put on phone.

I just been browsing around this site a bit, and this is not quite how i thought things were.
Was under the impression that this service gives u access to all the same channels that the CATV provider login will give u it self via thier streaming site.

So far, I see some channels, i read here that some premium channels have different login like systems, ok, but the ones that do not, that conform to the CATV supported provider login should still work.

Also, Why do you not support channels like Nick, A&E and yet the CATV provider does and I am using its login, my case Xfinity. I also have used thier apps on my Android tv to play live tv.

O. just saw ur message while typing this. So u dont use CATV service at all then? just the login info to acces the networks site directly? o. that different then.

so what is the risk of this stop working in the future should the network website u are pulling the stream from should change their DRM or login type or something?

I am trying to set TVE Xfinity as the first Priority tuner.
Yes, that is, I want the server and app to tune the Xfinity web stream of the same channel BEFORE it tries my HDHR Prime.

I have it set as Priority in the server and app on Android TV.
However, it is not obeying it.
I tune to say Nat Geo Wild, and it is using the Prime.

HOw do I fix this?

EDIT: O, i see the guide is showing the TVE channels as different numbers.
It seems to be omitting the Prime Tuner based channels(most of them) and at the bottom of the guide, is the TVE based streams....but the number are goofy.

For example, Animal Planet on the Prime is channel 818, but the TVE has it as 6103. Anyway to rename/remap channel number, or is this how it is supposed to be?

There are at least 2 duplicates it is showing, DIY and PBS Kids. For DIY, the Prime has not HD version of the channel, but the Web (TVE) has it in HD.

TVE channel numbers start at 6000. This is normal and there is no way to change it.

What I mean is to be able to locally manually remap in the guide, the TVE channel number to same local tuner number of the same channel network.

Or I mean to combine the same Local tuner and TVE channels into one Guide listing.
As right now, the guide shows at least 3 of the same channels 2x, at the begging of the list from the Prime tuner channel number, then at the end, from the TVE.

As it works now, I can tune to either version of the channel seperately. Like PBS Kids.
Where as, I woudl prefer it listed only once, and the app tune to it based on the tuner priority set in server, for me TVE.

It seems that Channels DVR, is smart enough to see that there is 2 sources of the same network channel for most of my channels, but for a few, it does not.

Or if I have multiple tuner and TVE sources, like I add Philo and Sling...then I may have 3 or 4 sources for the same exact channel, and only 1 for others. The DVR is smart enough to combine these into one guide and whats on now listing is it not?

The app tries to combine channels together based on the guide data, but in cases where the guide does not match exactly it will duplicate into multiple channels. Some TVE channels like PBS Kids are internet streams which are different than channels you would receive over cable and will never match exactly since they air different programs at different times.

1 Like

Thank you for that explanation.

I just noticed something kinda odd.

There is a TVE channel that was combined/replaces with the Prime listing in the guide
253 WUCWDT3 (WUCW-DT3) (CHARG) 6752
(I have TVE as 1st priority tuner)

The Channels Guide shows Walker Texas Ranger is on, as does Emby and HDHR guides in their apps, as does the Xfinity Stream site Guide.

When i tune the TVE channel, the video stream I get does not match what I get when i tune the Prime tuner to that channel 253.

The TVE video stream is different show, (some wrestling thing). at first i thought it was streaming a different channel entirely, but at the top of the hour, after that wrestling show ended, the show that started next matches what my Prime shows.

The Guide data is identical on all sources, and I looked on the Xfinty Stream site, that Guide also said Walker was airing on CHARGE.

So, is this a case where, the Xfinity online stream is airing some other program instead of what the CATV stream is airing, and not following their own online guide?

I can never get through a full scan of TVE with Xfinity (Boston). It hangs at various channel numbers (highest I've gotten is 89/189) at the "Verifying access to channel:" portion, and have retried multiple times. I'm using 10.29.2226 on a Shield.

Although I have a Prime tuner, so not really sure how much benefit I'd get out of TVE (other than ability to record a 4th simultaneous show). And most likely Xfinity would prevent me from accessing via TVE when I drop my TV subscription (but keep Internet)), so I'd have to switch to another TVE provider like YouTube or Hulu.

The shield can get stuck sometimes and rebooting the device will help.

I was thinking/planning to do that. It's currently recording right now, will reboot after it's done.

Got up over the 50% mark at 108 after the reboot, but still not all the way. I'll keep playing with it, but not too concerned as it's still in beta and I don't think I'd see a need for it (with Comcast).

I have been trying to verify my xfinity credentials using TVE on my Nvidia Shield using channels DVR but it seems to be stuck in that state. I have tried repeatedly and it will either get stuck in the verification stage or stuck on a channel. Previously, I had been using my email address to login to TVE but I recently read that I should only use my username. When I used my email address, it would get me past the validation phase but get stuck in a channel. Recently, when I started using just my username, it would get stuck on the validation phase. This is long winded way of saying I need help.

1 Like

First, make sure you are on the latest pre-release version of Channels DVR. Hold the Check for updates button on the DVR web UI.

Second, ensure you have two factor authentication turned off for your comcast login, or create a secondary user and use those credentials to login.

Third, in order to change your Xfinity login credentials in Channels DVR, delete the Xfinity-TVE device and re-add it.

See the first post of this thread.

Which channel is it getting stuck at?

There was an update which I installed. 2FA is not enabled because I can log into xfinity with being sent a code. I entered my credentials again after the update and it is stuck again on Verifying login on Xfinity.

1 Like