Provider - YouTube TV

Cancelled AT&TV and got YouTube, cancelled after four hours and went back since Channels would not authenticate.

Getting set to cancel as well. Is AT&TV more consistent?

I want to do that but the lack of Red Zone and NFL network on ATTTV is an issue for my house. I might try Fubo...

Yes. Since Channels will become your gateway to DVR features and recording management, you really don’t rely on quality. The quality comes into play with the TVE. I like things simple, and to authenticate YouTube, just doesn’t cut it. BTW, I came from Hulu Live, to AT&TV because the package they had included HBO.

Is there any update on when the YTTV authentication will be fixed? I am still not able to authenticate YTTV, on Windows server or Pi server. I've tried several chrome, IE, Safari, along with the press and hold. I've logged into YYTV in the same browser, 2FA is not on.

The authentication shows "This browser or app may not be secure." Would be great to know if there is a fix planned.

2 Likes

Agreed. I'm trying a trail of youtube tv now and can't sign in.

I am having same issue with windows. Sure it will be figured out eventually.

I was unable to authenticate too until I turned off 2FA on my google account. As soon as I did that it authenticated right away and did the scan.

I just created another family account specifically for you tube TV that does not have two factor and authenticated with that.

Are you using a Windows install or another platform? 2FA is not enabled on my account. My account works perfectly fine on a Docker installation. Only the Windows installation is impacted.

I am running on an iMac. No docker.

I have confirmed on other platforms I can auth with YTTV - the issues seems specific to Windows installs.

Running on a Mac mini and cant get in. I get the following despite the browser I use (safari, Firefox, Chrome)

[TVE] action=tvejs msg="googleLoginPassword browser or app may not be secure"

@tmm1 Is there any work around on this for windows? 2FA is off for google accounts when I tried it.

I tried a bunch of things yesterday and could not get it working. Google is blocking the logins from the headless chrome used for TVE login.

I'm not sure why it still works for some people and not others.

After giving up on my Windows install I set up Channels today on my Ubuntu 20.04 box that runs my Plex server, and not a bit of problem getting into YTTV TVE.

Has anyone tried docker on Windows to overcome the YTTV login issue?

Yes someone reported that it works in Docker

Much like others have said before, I was unable to get it to connect using my main you tube tv account. After creating another “shell email” and adding it to my YouTube family, it added/synced just fine.

Yup. That is what I had to do as well.