Provider - YouTube TV

NBC is not available via TVE.

That's the error thrown when trying to just authenticate TV Everywhere. There's no option to have it bypass the NBC authentication, unfortunately. I wish there were, since NBC isn't available. I've been getting the same error when moving my install to a new Mac, when I had it working on a previous Mac.

Captcha can occur if using a VPN

NBC auth is not an issue. If it skipped NBC the same error would occur on the next channel.

Ok thanks. I don't use any VPN.

I’m not using a VPN either, and getting the same error.

Two Factor?

I’m using an account without two-factor, and I’m signing into nbc.com/live in another browser tab first, as others have suggested.

Will anyone look into this? I have also tried app password with 2 step verification on. Is there no way to allow for the authentication box below to be interactive?

1 Like

I have the same issue. I'm a recent subscriber to Channels DVR, but long time subscriber of YTTV. I've tried all the suggestions and I'm running Version 2023.04.20.0310 of the server on my mac. I have yet to add YouTubeTV as a source. I try every few days. I even set up a profile with NBC (which I didn't really want to do)... but that didn't vhange anything either. Not running a VPN and I get the captcha.

1 Like

This happened to me recently, too. Completely deleting the account I was using to login to YTTV with and recreating it with no phone number or anything worked for me. Of course, only do this if it's an account you only use for YTTV in Channels. :stuck_out_tongue:

How about creating a family account and signing in with that!

1 Like

I gave up on YTTV but thanks to all for your help. Got Xfinity and it worked first attempt.

I moved my server to a new Mac, at first everything worked through the migration process. A week ago everything stopped. I deleted the YTV TVE entry to reinstall it. I now have the same issue.

So far I've:

• Ensured 2FA is off

• Tried logging in through a family account

• Logged into NBC prior to trying to link channels

Anything else to fix this?

A lot of us are having this problem right now and it’s been radio silence from the developers. I’ve had YTTV working for almost a year and it started failing a couple of days ago when YouTube began sending captchas when Channels attempts to authenticate. No captchas are sent on this account when I manually log in via a Chrome (incognito or not) to any TVE web site (NBC, TNT, TBS, etc) and 2FA isn’t enabled.

same issue here -- have tried all the workarounds and getting the captcha page.

devs, is there no way to have puppeteer show the browser window for the initial sign-in process so that the captcha can be manually passed? or add the ability for users to read the captcha from the provided screenshot and type it into a textbox that can then be inputted on the page? I imagine after completing the initial sign-in, TVE would work across other pages, so my understanding is that staying completely headless for that first step isn't absolutely necessary

2 Likes

Same issue here. Lost most YTTV TVE Channels, tried to re-add the source but it's stuck. Checking the Troubleshooting page it says Chrome installation is corrupted, though clicking the update button does nothing. I'm wondering if that is connected.

Same issue for me and it’s very frustrating. I’ve tried every possible work around/suggestion to no avail. This seems to be effecting more people recently, so perhaps YouTube has changed its algorithm? In any case, I’m surprised a solution/work around hasn’t been proposed as of yet. I’ve had to resort to purchasing a temporary Philo sub until this gets worked out…

It looks like my TV Everywhere TVE is dead as of Thursday 5/11/2023. I didn't try moving anything or changing my ISP / static IP address. Everything has remained the same on a stable release.

Mac console app logs show that a CAPTCHA using YouTube TV YTTV for TVE in Channels DVR. I don't use a VPN, made sure that two factor authentication 2FA is disabled, am now running the newest prerelease 2023.05.13.2233, as well as the newest Chrome 113.0.5672.92 (and logged into YTTV with it).

1 Like

its dead for all of us on YTTV, just depends on when your last authorization runs out. Wondering why the developers have not said anything about this. If I need to switch to HULU I will, but don't want to jump the gun if a fix is imminent.

Hulu is no better. I just moved from Hulu to YouTube about 3 weeks ago.