Pruning issue (I think)

This is a recurring issue for me, that seems to only affect Law & Order shows (that I’ve noticed). Channels will show a particular episode as available, but on the Mac mini it is running on, that episode (file) is in the Trash. In the logs there is no reference to that episode being pruned. At the moment there are 6 episodes of Law & Order that Channels tells me are available but in fact all 6 are in the (Mac) Trash.

Any ideas on this? Is it a naming thing causing a problem for Channels (grasping at straws)? It appears that Channels is pruning episodes, but losing track of some.

Huh, what do you mean Trash? Like the macOS trash can?

Channels never uses the system trash can, so it sounds like some other program or user is deleting those files.

woah, that is useful information. Time to do some digging on my end. Thanks for the help!

For the benefit of others and my own public shaming, the issue was the result of me sharing my Channels directory with Plex, and in Plex I had 'keep' rules for a couple of shows. It was Plex moving my files to the trash. Doh.

1 Like