Public IPTV list

Thank you!

@eric not sure why are you taking this so personally? Are we allowed to provide feedback? The times are changing and more people are watching online. It would be nice if Channels allowed to do so comfortably. I, for example, watch Deutsche Welle online because the quality is better than my local SD broadcast. 1080p vs. 480i. EPG is coming from the local OTA which is a very nice feature of the product. Unless ATSC 3.0 is around the corner everywhere, some accommodations for online watching with copious amounts of channels will have to be made.

Have to be made? Have. To. Lol.

1 Like

Of course, nobody is disputing that. What people often have an issue with is how the feedback is provided. I tend to believe that taking shots at the developers is less likely to get results than asking nicely. If you post with a combative or snarky tone, expect to get combative and snarky responses. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

You may feel differently about this if you were one of the many folks who broke their DVR servers with large M3U files when this feature came out. Very disruptive to those people, and took a lot of support time to get them back up and running as well.

1 Like

Just segment your play lists into 500channel chunks. When we had locast I played around with doing multiple regions and had 700 some odd channels ad split them into 2 groups. It was just a science project basically but the server handled everything well.

I guess it's a good way to check channel tuning time. But I'd hate having to surf that many channels to find something good to watch.

Let's keep things positive in here.

2 Likes