Purchasing different versions

I purchased the TVOS version of Channels and I also subscribe to the DVR. I was surprised to see that I also have to purchase the iOS version separately to use on my iPad and/or iPhone … is there a way for current customers to also get the iOS version?

you can request to test the beta iOS app through TestFlight. Or you can stream both live and recordings from the DVR web-ui using either iPad or iPhone. You can even save a bookmark to the web-ui on the iOS home screen.

Hello, how do I request to be a beta tester? I have clicked “I Agree” to the beta waitlist, but have not yet been contacted. Is there anything else I need to do in order to move that forward?

Thanks!

I would imagine that the Beta is only open to current customers.

They also may not be adding any additional beta users for that product, hence the waitlist.

When you purchase the production iOS app, it currently has the tuner sharing and remote access built in, so there really isn’t much to test right now. It’s working wonderfully.

It would be cool if it was a free app that ran for 10-15 minutes, then one could pay for it after they tested.

I have the beta and did not pay for the iOS version. But, I got an email right away; never heard of a waitlist. Although the iOS interface is nice, it requires remote DVR to be enabled every time you use it outside of your LAN. I end up just using the web-ui anyway.