Purple theme isn't good for me

I don’t like red. Target should change their entire branding to make me happy.

8 Likes

Don't be rediciulous, there is a difference when the company uses every shade of purple for everything.

The light and dark theme is present throughout all current OS’s - it’s a common feature most people are looking for. It’s just a feature request that some of us are looking for. If you like the purple, you’re welcome to stick with it if they decide to offer options.

I personally don’t like the purple and would love to see a few different theme options.

1 Like

I would support the developers creating a “Channels Pro” app, which has a black theme, costs $200, and is otherwise identical to the regular purple “Channels” app. :slight_smile:

1 Like

(I would probably buy it to support the developers, and then immediately uninstall it and keep using the regular purple app because the purple theme is awesome)

The Target app or website isn't front and center in my household and being put on display on every screen I own. To compare the two is just a pointless retort.

Almost every other PVR/DVR (or even all phone OS) solution offers some sort of color scheme or theme (official or unofficial). Even going back to my Windows Media Center days had countless themes that could be applied.

True, but if you want to follow that parallel to its conclusion, you need to realize that Channels is developed by only 3 individuals (and just 2, until recently), whereas other media center applications (such as Kodi, Windows Media Center, &c.) have significantly more resources to pour into their offerings.

Also, development tends to follow the developers' priorities. Often this coincides with users' requests, but that is not always the case.

(As a disclaimer, personally I can manage with the purple theme, but it is not my favorite. However, my issues with the theme are not related to its color per se, but rather the weight of the face and lack of contrast that makes it difficult to read. In any case, I still support the developers in their pursuit of doing whatever the blazes they like; I'll still happily support their efforts as long as I find usefulness in their endeavors.)

4 Likes

I can live with the purple theme but I find it very hard to read the show info popup screen. The show info text is too light to read against the light purple/pink background.

I LOVE the purple theme! Alternate skins would be nice to have, but please don't ever lose the purple!

This. The problem isn't the purple, it's the lack of contrast and the thin weight used for the text of descriptions and other secondary text.

1 Like

The users ridiculing the others about a theme option fail to realize that even Roku, who is another 'purple' brand, offers themes on their U.I.'s. I would love to see even basic solid color options, alongside purple.

1 Like

Just wondering... How many color options do you have for the HD HomeRun app? Or Disney Plus? Or HBO Now? Or YouTube?

Why are you so adamant against this?? Btw, YouTube lets you increase contrast in the settings and Disney + is not even a month old. Are you one of the Channels developers? If not get off your soapbox already.

2 Likes

For me its not about theme options, its more about the overwhelming Purple. The guide is like 4 or 5 shades of purple.

1 Like

Woah, calm down there, captain. No reason to get your panties in a wad! No, I'm not a Channels developer. But I am a huge fan of the product. There are only 3 guys who work on the product (And really only 2 until just recently). They have done an amazing job, and have a backlog of important features to add. The ability to change colors would be a nice-to-have feature, but it is probably so far down the list of priorities. It just seems petty to whine about the color scheme when they are continually rolling out new real features.

2 Likes

You had to resort to juvenile responses just like your 'drama queen' reply "..why dont we have Target change their red color scheme". This is not removing/changing the purple color, its about options in addition to purple.

1 Like

Good point. I actually do like Target. I should have used Walmart and blue in my example. I hate shopping at that dump.

Finally we can agree on something, lol. Have a good weekend.

1 Like

It seems everyone has pretty much voiced all their concerns about this topic. I’m going to close this now.

4 Likes