Purple theme isn't good for me

Any way we can get some theme options?

3 Likes

This has been requested often in the past, and I can't really see it happening. The purple has become part of Channels' "brand", as I see it.

1 Like

That's too bad and annoying. :laughing:

1 Like

I’ve too have asked about this several times but never got an answer. I would love a light and dark theme. They can keep the purple channels logo if indeed it is a branding thing but I’ve never received a response from the developers - only people speculating that branding is the reason.

It also might just be low on the priority list too. They are constantly working on adding new features and improving the product so maybe it’s on their list, just haven’t got to it yet.

1 Like

not being critical of your request, but exactly what portion of the theme are you wanting to customize? i only ask because on my AppleTV UI none of my backgrounds, etc are purple, just a few bits of text.

I agree. It would be great to be able to change from the purple.

1 Like

It’s all variations of purple.

1 Like

Pretty ugly IMO :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I like it.

1 Like

me too! Go Ravens!

1 Like

I like it too.... gives it a unique look and feel.

Well, I can understand that some may like this :man_shrugging:t2: just not this guy.

They could easily do a theme section and maybe offer a couple different themes.

I think you’re making a pretty big assumption there, that adding themes is “easy”. Only the developers know how hard or easy that is going to be.

With my history of building themes for Android phone ROMs it wasn't that difficult, just took some time, trial and error to make sure everything fit right.
I do agree though that only they know, but that doesn't mean don't make an effort.

If it bothers you as much as it bothers me, you can modify the APK file and make your own color scheme :wink:

1 Like

That's neat, unfortunately you can't do this with apple apps

1 Like

Sweet....

Lpl

Unintended benefit, the purple theme made me realize that my TV had a really bad burn in the middle of the screen that was most noticeable when purple (or yellow) was displayed! LG agreed to fix it for free even out of warranty, so I for one welcome the purple theme now and forever :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Go Browns