QNAP Channels DVR Package Install Error

I have a QNAP TS-253D which I had to reinitialize. When I tried to install the Channels DVR package, I got the following error message:

ChannelsDVR 1.0.3 installation failed. Failed to download setup.sh

I am running version 4.5.4.1800 of QTS desktop firmware. I also get an error message indicating there is not a valid certificate for the package. There were some older posts related to this issue, but they were resolved with firmware updates. I am running a more current version of the firmware than those listed in the other posts. Can someone help me get this resolved?

Is the NAS connected to the internet?

Yes, it is connected to the internet. Do I need to adjust a setting on the NAS?

Double check the network and dns settings I guess. Does it show any other messages besides the failed to download?

I checked my network settings and didn't see any problems. There nothing else showing for the error message. I've attached a screenshot.

Are you able to SSH into the NAS and run some test commands?

curl -o /dev/null -v https://getchannels.com/dvr/setup.sh

I don't know what SSH means, but I can try if given some direction. FYI, before the NAS was reinitialized, the Channels DVR package installed with no issues.

Thanks for the directions. I was able to connect SSH to the NAS. I typed in the command you provided, but did see any response in Terminal (I'm a MAC user). I assume that means the command ran. What other steps did you want me to try or should I attempt to install the package again?

It should have produced some output. Please copy/paste the terminal prompt, command and output here so I can see what happened.

Run these commands too:

ls -alh /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/ChannelsDVR/

Here is what my landing screen looks like. I do not see any output when I entered both of the commands. I might have done something wrong in access the NAS through SSH.

You need to type Q at the prompt (then enter), then Y (to confirm), that will put you into the regular shell, then try the commands (fellow Qnap user here).

2 Likes

Here are the screenshots you requested:

Thanks. How about these commands:

uname -a
date
curl --version

Here is a screenshot with the additional commands:

Thank you. How about this one:

ls -alh /etc/ssl/certs/

Can you also try this updated qpkg. I'm not sure it will fix it but it should provide more information.

https://channels-dvr.s3.amazonaws.com/qnap/ChannelsDVR_1.0.5.qpkg

The last command generated a long log.

Got the same error message when I tried to install the updated package. The log I attached earlier is actually 17 pages. Not sure how to share how to share the whole log file with, too large to attach as screenshot/picture.

I get same "certificate has expired" and it maybe related to:

https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=163080&p=799816&hilit=openssl#p799816

And if it is, as noted there, I don't see a fix for it yet.

Main issue I believe is Qnap openssl version:

In qnap Shell, run:
openssl version

Output (for me) is:
OpenSSL 1.0.2s 28 May 2019

And I believe issue is that this needs to be V 1.1.0 Minimum.

Luckily I already had Channels installed (seems this may have started at beginning of this month for this issue).