TVE audio/video sync issues

All,

Having issues with DVR files from TVE going out of audio/video sync. They look/sound perfect until the video freezes and audio continues. Then video speeds up to re-sync. Verified the files are recording with the issue. Suspect the NAS is causing the problem. Disable real time scanning for virus scan. Problem persisted. Don't see any load on the server. Streams look perfect while viewing. Running Thick Raid 5 Volume with IOPS at 117. Trouble tickets are open and have sent logs. Anyone else got a clue?

OS
QNAP TS-451+
Linux
(kernel: 5.10.60-qnap)
CPU
4 cores / Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU J1900 @ 2.00 GHz
load averages: 2.13 5.43 6.05
RAM
15.53 GB
87.1% free

It's more likely an issue with the stream itself.

What clients are you experiencing this on? Do you have more than one? Is it happening on all?

Yes. Tested on Tivo Stream (new), IPad and Firestick 4K.

1 Like

Confused why I don't see it while watching live.

You mentioned you confirmed the recording themselves are the problem. I missed that at first. Any errors in the dvr log at the time they were recording?

Could be the decoder used during playback. I personally have noticed it with live streams and recordings both.

Here's a test:
2022/01/01 09:02:09.736796 [MTS] Statistics for "Movies/The Shawshank Redemption (1994) 2022-01-01-0842.mpg": skipped=0 unhandled_packets=0 discontinuity_detected=162 transport_errors=0 invalid_pts=0 invalid_dts=0 saw_pcr=true saw_pmt=true highest_pts=1201.619600

discontinuity_detected=162 is the only issue I see. I think that is the issue. But I am guessing.

The discontinuities are normal.

Please submit diagnostics from the app after the issue.

Which app platform and version?

If you play the mpg with VLC is it fine?

Happy New Year. I have sent logs from all platforms. Yes, when I look at the file via VLC it freezes and exhibits the same behavior as it does in the media player. I have used the latest Alpha and Beta on Ipad, Firestick 4k and Tivo Streamer.

It looks like the latest pre-release should include a fix for the issue. @Jim_FL, can you confirm that this release fixes your issue?

Existing recordings still freeze. Fix video timestamps caused file time to drop from 1 hour down to 24 minutes. Will test a recording in a bit.

Please try this build: