Quest VR browser support, or sideload Android app?

Occasionally and late at night, I can watch my YouTubeTV connection through the standard Quest browser in my Meta/Oculus Quest. I can access my Channels Home DVR through the browser, but click-and-button support is very hit-and-miss and challenging to use. Is there any way to add browser support? Sideloading the Channels android app to Gear? Any suggestions or instructions for that?

I used Sidequest to sideload the Channels apk to my Oculus Quest a long time ago

Thank you for the note

Did you track down the Channels apk, or do they have it available outside Google Play Store?

Sorry, I don't remember. My primary platform is AppleTV now and I haven't used the Quest in quite a while. I'm sure someone else can chime in though.

The apk is here:

1 Like

Any chance we can get the app submitted to the Meta app store. Works great as is but it's a pain to open the app from "unknown sources", not being able to minimize the app or add it to the dock or app launcher.

There’s no plans to do anything like that at this point.

Not a request, I realize the market will be extremely niche, but the possibilities on the Apple Vision Pro are interesting...

The Channels app already works great on the Quest 3, only limitation is the resolution of broadcast TV. It would be amazing to have the Vision Pro run multiple screens in pass-through for Sunday NFL games (or any other sport).

You could theoretically run 6 windows/screens at 1080p, placed anywhere in your environment, and have the audio automatically switch based on eye tracking.