Question changing hard drive location for movies

Presently, I have the movies that I have ripped from my DVDs on drive "M". I am planning on moving those files to a larger external hard drive.

I'm guessing that when these files are moved, I will have two thumbnails for each movie in my movie library - one with the new drive letter and one that will show the old drive letter "M" and will show a "playback failed" if selected.

In the "manage recordings database" there is a tab for "missing/deleted". Will all the movies removed from "M" show up in this area where they can all be deleted at one time so that I don't have to do it manually?

If anyone can suggest the easiest way to change file locations with the least amount of effort AND without messing up my library, it would be appreciated.

As always, thanks for any and all help!

You can add the new Drive as additional storage and just move the movies there. It will see them in the new location and you do not have to do anything but move them.

Move the movies to the new location.
Add that location to Local content Movie Sources
Remove the old location to Local content Movie Sources (M: one) and that will remove references to them on M:
Screenshot 2022-05-14 at 11-16-22 Channels Settings

And if you still want to keep M: as a source location, just select Prune Deleted after you move them from the M: source and that will remove references to them on M:
Screenshot 2022-05-14 at 11-47-44 Channels Settings

Thanks for the advise!