Question on Fios and Locals?

I just want to be clear. If I'm a paid FiOS subscriber, do I also get my local channels with it? Or will I still need locast?

I don't believe they're allowed to flag locals with DRM, so as long as your CableCARD is properly validated, there shouldn't be a problem.

That depends on how you access the content. If you are using a CableCARD like racameron noted, then he is probably correct. If you plan on accessing your FIOS channels via the TVE integration, then you might not be able to access the local channels.

Ok I have to get to the bottom of what is going on. Right now I'm just using the tve integration. But I went into the channels server and was playing with the pencil icon, and changed some Channels. Now my locals are working, but I'm not getting guide data all the time. I have locast, but those channels regularly get errors. Right now I'm showing 2 sets of locals. But have to figure out which is which.

If you are ONLY using TVE then the only true LOCAL channels are these:
6000 - NBC
6001 - ABC
6002 - FOX

If you are using LOCAST for LOCALs you can get about 55 channels. I use this as my primary source for LOCALs and works well. Occasional problem but I report them ASAP to LOCAST when it happens.

FIOS Cable Card
You can get pretty much every local and non premium channels. I used this for years but wanted to stop getting ripped off with the cost and other things.

OTA Antenna
Depending on location you can get a lot of local channels. You will need a HDHomeRun that supports this. I have this as well but prefer LOCAST so powered if off and use it for backup.

If you are "mixing" these then you have to setup which one has the priority in the DVR and in cases like the Apple TV you have to set the priority there as well.

Not sure what you mean by "pencil icon, and change some channels". I do not do this other than "disable" some channels so they disappear.

Good Luck.

So I am in the NYC area and have Fios with a cable card in an HD Homerun. I have all my locals, SD and HD.