Question re: guide data on custom channels

After (painstakingly) creating a custom M3U file for Spectrum I got some unexpected results for guide data. I expect something is going on behind the scene that I don't understand.

Experience: Some of the channels had a "pencil" vs. an "X" in the Manage Lineup dialog. While these channels had correct guide data, they did not always get all of the expected meta data (I think). So for example, movies wouldn't show as movies, etc. If I clicked the pencil and selected another match from, say satellite provider, everything worked as expected.

To create the M3U I used a combination of the information from the Watch Spectrum website using the debug instructions provided in another forum post. This included the channel-id, tmsGuideId ( to create the deep link) as well as the channel name. From another post, I downloaded the Spectrum guide information from CDVR for my area USA-TX42500-X. From this I captured the tvc-guide-stationid. Once loaded, roughly half didn't seam to get at exact match (pencil v. X). Now, the channel-id from Spectrum is slightly different than what is in the CDVR guide data (e.g. USAHD v. USA), could that be it?

I would like to improve my M3U to work better. Any thoughts or advice on how to get everything to work correctly without having to go back through and manually link?

TIA