Quick Guide not populating

I primarily use the Quick Guide to select and change channels during the night hours as my other half likes the constant volume (constant volume = constant sleep). When I wake and select quick guide, only the stations are listed. There is no program information on what’s playing nor what's on next; in fact, even the record button is missing. So far, the only way to get it back is to back out to the regular guide, then all returns to normal.

Is there a better way to refresh that data without backing out to the main guide?

Presently, no. I have noticed this problem and have commented on it for over a year. It seems to happen while watching a single channel for a while, that the guide data does not refresh in the background.

it looks like this has never been addressed. It is still a problem on all my android devices. Even in the latest beta and now on the newly released alpha. My atv4k has never had this problem so I would think it could be corrected. Maybe it's just not as big an inconvenience to most users. I don't see a lot of complaints on here about it. I guess other users don't get hit with the remote when things go wrong. If " HERE YOU FIX IT " ment "I love you" then Channels DVR would hero.

I took another look today and think I figured out what's going on. The underlying guide data is updated but the quick guide is not seeing the updates. Will address in an update this week.

1 Like

Great to hear.

As a corollary, I've noticed that sometimes the guide image does not change in the Quick Guide at time boundaries. For instance, if I was watching USA, and I pulled down the Quick Guide, it would show the poster art for L&O:SVU with its description, and the Up Next might show Chicago P.D. Then, after the programs switch and I pull the Quick Guide down, the description will be updated for Chicago P.D., but the image displayed will still be the poster art for L&O:SVU. Would this situation be addressed by the identified issue? (This example is rather contrived, but I feel it covers what I've experienced.)

Interesting. IIRC the images should update when the quick guide is shown. Next time can you check if hide/show refreshes it to be correct or not?

The image remains stale. However, changing the channel, and then displaying the Quick Guide will show the proper image.

When I'm back home I'll see if I can get some screenshots to illustrate.

Edit: I tried a couple times this morning to get some captures of the happening, but was unable to do. Not that I couldn't screenshot the device, but that the behavior wasn't present. I'll still keep my eye out for it, though.

Hm okay. I tried to audit that code and it seemed fine. But I ended up adding a forced refresh anyway so if there are edge cases they should now be covered.

The latest alpha and beta builds should always show the latest guide data in Quick Guide, even if you have been watching for a while.

I just realized I had a typo in my addendum: It should have read the behavior wasn't present.

And that was with the latest beta and alpha both as of this morning. Later I may try with the current stable, but if it's been fixed in the 2.x betas, then it's a non-issue.

Sorry for the noise/confusion.

No worries, that is how I read it. I didn't see your Edit until I was done making changes anyway.