Quick Guide - Recent Previous Channels

I would love to see an option under General -> Live TV -> Quick Guide have a choice that would show me my last X # of channels watched. For example, on big sports days like in March, I may be slipping between 4 different channels and if the quick guide presented the last x # of channels I most recently watched, I could hope very quickly jump between them without having to jump back to the guide or create specific collections.

Let me know if this is something worth adding as I'm guessing it would be fairly straightforward addition to the UI.

Just an FYI
If you get the TiviMate app and pay $25 lifetime, good for 5 devices,
You can then use the m3u provided by Channels to provide all your channels to TiviMate, set Favs, etc.
It can show the last xx channels on a sub-menu across the bottom by clicking the OK button,
It can do Previous Channel by clicking the RIGHT button.
Even better, you can use that m3u from Channels to use the Multi-View capability in TiviMate.
I use it on Firestick 4K and Onn box and can easily display 3 channels at a time, there is no real limit,
but I find that doing 4 simultaneous channels strains the ability of these boxes to process 4 at a time,
and you may start to get a little buffering.
Well worth the $25, believe me.
You can easily go to full screen on any of the Multi-View or make one large and the others smaller.
And other things.
History
Multi-View

1 Like

Don't get me wrong the Tivimate app looks exceptional but I like the simplicity and functionality of the Channels app. My wife and kids picked it up without much effort and having 6 TVs at home, 1 with kid in college and our camper and mobile apps, less is more with a big bang.

My problem is I have standardized on the Tivo Android devices and the remote doesn't have a clear pause/play for simple flipping but many times I am watching shows and have a few fail tv or comedy channels I like to flip to for commercials and a dynamic short list would work wonders. The product is great as it is, just thought might be low hanging enhancement opportunity.

1 Like

Can you pause the multi-view channels, or do they all play live?

Is there a link somewhere to set it up? There looks to be a free trial with ad-support.

TiViMate can pause but I have no idea for how long.
It is almost surely using available memory in the Firestick like Channels.
But remember the device is running multiple streams at once so I suspect memory and thus pause is short.
I don’t know if a free trial, but the initial basic install is free.
All you have to do is supply the m3u and epg link and it will play, but no advantage in that if you have Channels, almost exactly the same.
To get Mulitview and other options you pay for the pro version or whatever they call it.
Either $20 or $25, not sure.
You can find links on the inter-web for getting the pay version.
You get what’s called the TiViMate Companion app from Google Play Store to pay.
Pblm is Google Play is not available from Amazon App Store.
Just search, YouTube video examples are out there.

1 Like

TiViMate dies not have ads. K

You may be able to initiate payment from within TiViMate.
When you try use Multiview by clicking Down, then Down again, in the Free version it will prompt you to pay.
I can’t remember, it’s been a few years.

1 Like

Sorry. I was looking at a similar app in the Apple TV store which I learned, doesn't have TiViMate:(

I have a few Android devices but none of them have enough usable storage to make pausing two channels plausible if TiViMate is even able to do that.

I might try adding storage to one of my Android devices if I can confirm pausing two channels, but the Apple TV Channels DVR app works so well, it will be hard to go back to Android.

Edit...Tivimax is what I got confused with TiViMate.

I ended up trying TiVimate. It will pause multiple screens but doesn't have any timeshift features, even watching a single screen, so I got a refund.