Quick Guide "Tile" icon size

This might be a feature request or something I can change myself, I'm hoping someone can tell me.

I am not sure of the correct terminology but in the Drop Down / Quick Guide Tiles display normal channels get a full tile thumbnail image showing what is currently on. That's perfect and clear, but for a custom m3u channel or virtual channel, there is just a very small thumbnail of either the channel icon or the artwork I've uploaded for the virtual channel. The aspect looks right but it looks like it could be twice the size and still fit nicely in the allocated space. It would be much clearer if that was the case.

See attached image of my screen with 3 "normal" channels and 2 virtual showing the difference.

I think the images need to be 640x480

If you use this for your masked singer image does it show bigger?

https://sm.imgix.net/20/51/masked-singer.jpg?w=300&h=225&auto=compress,format&fit=clip

What is showing is correct. Without art, it simply shows the channel logo centered in the middle.

Your channels have no art so ¯(°_o)/¯

You can rectify this by giving it default art and airing info to display, but that only works if you don’t have airings.

If your airings have no art, then you’re not going to see art. As they say, garbage in, garbage out.

Thanks very much for that. I've tried your logo example and that did appear larger than my original, so I'm now updating my others to make them 640 x 480. That seems to sort out the virtual channels side of it.

OK, but could it not expand the channel logo to fit the space when there is no channel art available? Oddly, if I have just started the Channels App and go straight to the Quick Guide some of my custom source channel logos do display at a larger scale, but then they reduce in size, presumably after they have determined there is no channel art? If they could stay at that larger size that would be ideal. My wife has sight issues so I'm trying to get everything as clear as I possibly can.

How and where would I do that please?

Seems a bit harsh! I am only using a documented feature of the software ¯(°_o)/¯

Using tvc-guide-art tags. The rest of the Channels specific tags for your playlists are documented here:

Of course, but the feature can only work as well as the third party data you provide. And like mentioned, it would, if the third party data wasn’t missing information.

Of course, it’s just code. We can actually do anything we want.

But this is the design we have chosen, and we dont have plans to change it.

I’m gonna just go ahead and close this as the topic has been asked an answered.