Quick Poll on Feature Usage

Hey everyone :wave:

We'd love if you took a second to vote in this very informal poll so we can get a good idea of what features you use. Please vote for each feature that you use, you can pick multiple things.

Thanks!

Which features do you use?
  • Virtual Channels
  • Siri Shortcuts
  • Library Collections
  • Channel Collections
  • Kids Section
  • Remote Streaming
  • Personal Media (local content imports)

0 voters

1 Like

Remote streaming at the top? Wow. That was the only one I unchecked. Guess I need to get out more :joy:

In all seriousness, I took my first real vacation since pre-covid recently and it crossed my mind to set it up but decided I need less TV / tech on my vacation not more.

5 Likes

why such a limited list of features?

3 Likes

Are we just going to ignore the new avatar?

Virtual Channels + Personal Media is the greatest combo ever.

2 Likes

In all seriousness: kudos to the channels team for doing a poll on this. I see so many companies, big and small, make the mistake of thinking they know their customers better than they do. Sometimes there is more conversation around certain cutting edge/new features and less around the thing that you love about a product and that just works.

(Donโ€™t accuse me of that though, Iโ€™m here for the weird stuff that breaks things :joy:)

3 Likes

So as a developer that started this poll, what exactly do you plan to do with this data?

3 Likes

I can't vote because my selection doesn't appear
[ ] None of the above
Unless Remote Streaming includes Tailscale.
Although I experiment and play with some occasionally.

3 Likes

I voted Remote Streaming and do not use any others.

2 Likes

I am surprised Commercial Detection and Custom Channels didn't make the poll.

12 Likes

For me mainly TVE. I'd like to see focused improvements w/ ASTC 3.0 tuning times and working to make AC4 multichannel audio work in Channels.

3 Likes

Whoops, I voted for Virtual Channels when I meant Custom Channels. Fixed my vote!

Would have voted for PlayOn Cloud if I could. Did vote for Personal Media. Aside from that it's all HDHRs here.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Atmos feature requeat

I just want IPTV support

Legal sources are available via Custom Channels:

2 Likes

How well the channels app works is my top reason for using it on Apple TV, iOS, and MacOs. Is do wish their was a Samsung App on Tizen but understand why not.

• Commercial Skip is my #1 feature. Would like it to work on TV Everywhere as well for live cable TV broadcasts.

• TV Enverywhere with Sling TV s my #2 feature. I like seeing the guide and being able to watch in on place in channels app.

Didnโ€™t even know about Siri Shortcuts or Virtual Channels, need to try them.

1 Like

Apple tv plays 5.1 fine on Atsc 3.0 channels fine.

I use it for TVE and my antenna, not sure where that fits in

2 Likes