Quick way to delete an episode I am currently watching?

I am recording a lot of old episodes of a TV program. I use "Watch Next" to watch the next episode. As I am watching it, I decide I no longer want to watch it and skip to the next one. Is there a quick way to delete it and then move on to the next episode?

The best way I can figure out now is to scroll almost to the end of the episode, let it play to the end, and then watch the next one.

Thanks.

You can stop playback, and mark the episode watched. It should then show the next episode in up next. As long as your pass is set to delete watched, that will happen automatically.

Use Up Next.

Play the episode from Up Next. If you don’t want to watch or keep it, use Trash under the More button on the modal. Once you trash it, the next episode will be waiting for you in the front of the Up Next list.

Interesting. Thanks. However I don’t use Up Next for what I would call Archived shows like Johnny Carson, Raymond, old Match Game, etc. I usually use Up Next for current programs like the nightly news, latest episodes of new shows, etc. I like having the two separate. Maybe I’ll have to change my thinking.

I don’t see this as an option. If I click Watch, it plays the next episode. If I stop playing and then click the Menu button in my remote, it goes back to the show area which has the Watch button and the list of episodes (back to where I started).

This is exactly what Up Next is designed for. Since it always puts the next episode to watch up front, it saves you from having to dig through your library of shows to watch the next episode.

If all we did was surface new episodes, your archives would never show up.

Up Next is the solution for this.

2 Likes