Quicker way to get the closed captions on

All it took was those five words... to completely make my day.

THANK YOU, @tmm1!

2 Likes

Thanks again for this, it working great.

Can the matching setting be added to the DVR Clients page in WebUI?

I'm seeing odd behavior with this while watching recordings. When I set a button to be "toggle captions", and press it while captions are turned on (from the pull-down panel), all the button seems to do is dismiss the current caption. The next phrase from the next speaker resumes displaying captions.

This is when using one of the color buttons on my TV remote (LG TV), controlling the AppleTV app via HDMI-CEC through an amp (Denon).
Other controls on the TV remote seem to work fine (menu navigation, play/pause, etc.), even other color button assignments.

DVR server version 2023.02.08.1853

Ive seen the same or similar behavior with the cc toggle shortcut using the color buttons and HDMI-CEC. I gave up on using my remote for this and now use my apple watch with a shortcut using the channels API.

I did a lot of narrowing this down a few years back and gave up. See the thread below and read until the very end. It looked like it was solved at one point but it appeared again. At about that time got an apple watch and now have a shortcut on the watch face that does the cc toggle.

It looks like at one point @tmm1 had narrowed the trouble to what appeared to be two back to back toggles which can in some cases (like you and me are seeing) can confuse the software.