Quicker way to get the closed captions on

I love the Channels app but I wish there was a quicker way to get the closed captions on. Right now when we are watching a channel using the Apple TV 4 we need to swipe down, go to language and then select cc (or subtitles) and then swipe up again. Maybe a simple click in one of the buttons of the Apple TV remote? Maybe as an alternative of "shaking the remote to mute" in settings ? I am sure you can figure out a better way to do this. Thank you so much for this awesome app!

Do you often turn CC on and off? Once you turn it on it should stay on indefinitely.

I agree a toggle would be nice. We like captions for some content, not others. Live sports is an example that I don’t want captions on. But almost anything else we do. So I’d guess I turn them off and back on a few times a week on average.

One way to do this elegantly might be to add another section at the bottom of the pull down menu that is labeled as captions on/off. As soon as it is selected the captions toggle and the menu vanishes. That would mean three clicks or swipes down would immediately toggle captions and go back to the content.

My wife and I may toggle CC 3, 4, a half-dozen times a day, depending on what we watch.

This reply is not intended as an answer, but if you find yourself wanting to simplify more 'involved' menu choices, look into whatever is the cheapest Harmony remote. They work quite well with the Apple TV 4/4K, and allows creating sequences of multiple actions that can be applied to a single button.

Many remotes have macro capability. Problem is: Toggling CC on/off is a variable sequence, depending upon whether it's live or recorded.

I simply created two sequences and mapped them to two of the generic buttons on my remote. Again, it's not an answer to your original request, but a decent work around to the base problem of it requiring too many manual swipes and clicks on the Apple remote.