Random Audio Cut Out

I had to record this with my phone to give an example.
This doesn’t happen often enough for me to easily get multiple samples, but it does reoccur every once in awhile.
This is a clip of the audio cutting out at 5 seconds into the video, only for about a second and then coming back. Upon doing a seek back, the recording doesn’t have any audio issues.

This could be related to the NAS link aggregation. I am testing further. . .
EDIT: no, I don’t think thats it. It happens seldom enough that it is hard to test. But I have seen it happen enough times that it is something I want to fix.

Huh that’s a weird one.

What’s your audio setup?

I don’t think its a Channels-specific issue, I just thought I would ask since you are usually pretty good with this stuff. I haven’t noticed it happen today, though. Maybe I fixed it by messing around with things, or it fixed itself somehow. I will close this thread if it doesn’t reoccur.

But the setup is ATV4K --<hdmi>—> Soundbar —<hdmi>----> TV
HDMI direct to TV causes sync issues when using the ARC to soundbar, due to the fact that my samsung TV won’t do bitstream out and insists on doing some kind of post-processing to the output.
So direct-to-soundbar is the best option.
The soundbar is only HDMI 1.4 connections, which can’t do 60hz 4k in HDR mode. But the ATV looks better, IMO in SDR mode anyway. So I leave the ATV at 4k 60hz SDR (looks awesome) through the soundbar.

Lastest changes: I had UHD Color turned on on the input for the ATV… I have turned that off now since SDR looks better. I also have two HDMIs running through the wall to the back of the TV. Previously I had either ATV direct to TV and ARC out via HDMI to the soundbar ARC in. Or I had ATV direct to soundbar and soundbar HDMI out to the TV (current config). But I now actually have it while also having the ARC plugged in. This shouldn’t make a difference, but I haven’t noticed an issue since I did this.

So its more like this:
ATV4K ----<hdmi>---->soundbar---------------------<hdmi>----------------------->TV
… <—<unused but connected HDMI ARC----

This is all over antenna too, which leaves the possibility of some kind of RF interference that causes the HDHR to drop the live stream… but for some reason the recording is ok? is that possible?

This is no longer an issue. Due to the rare occurrences and the random changes I made in attempts to fix it, I cannot definitively say why it works now. But it works, perfectly, using the setup outlined above. Its possible that it has something to do with turning off the UHD color (HDR) or the ARC connection on the TV.