Random jump forward when watching DVR recording

I have been experiencing this problem where, when I am watching a recording, the playback randomly skips forward. I don't know if it is related to commercial skip (set to auto) or some other reason. I submitted diagnostics for the client (Android - Tivo Stream 4k - Beta 202.26.51) and also emailed log for the server (2022.02.28.1826).

I have turned off auto commercial skip and set to manual to see if that alleviates the problem. As I type this, it skipped forward 5 minutes and commercial skip is set to manual. Exited and restarted - tried to get skip and it happened again (5-6 minute jump). Diagnostics submitted.

ADDED: I went to the server and fixed video timestamps. This allowed me to watch the segment (5 minutes) that kept being skipped over. One odd behavior was that when I was watching, player crashed. I reopened the recording and it played normally from there.

Sounds like there was an error in the recording itself. This usually occurs when a packet is dropped/missed, and so the video player gets confused. If this is indeed the case, the problem was the incoming data itself, not Channels; GIGO.

Except when I fixed the video timestamps I was able to view the missing 5 minutes. The recording was all there, the metadata that Channels was using to serve the video was messed up.

Also - this likely means the problems is less the client (Android) and more the server (C-DVR).

That's because the timestamps were "fixed" to match what was on disk, rather than what was embedded in the source. That (to me) seems to indicate a problem in the source.

However, perhaps the diagnostics submitted with offer details, because without details all we can offer are guesses.

I have a similar issue when watching recordings through Kodi with the Channels add-on. Closing Kodi and restarting, usually fixes the issue. If you look at the timeline, you can see the red portion of the timeline where it skips. It never aligns with commercials.