Raspberry pi IP address not responding

Weird the dvr is not running. What do these show?

distro-version
systemctl status channels-dvr

Can you try with this image instead:

https://channels-distro.s3.amazonaws.com/2021.0107.0622/ChannelsDVRServer_PI4.img.gz

im getting an access denied error when i click the link.

Oh sorry, my bad.

Try running this instead on your Pi:

distro-upgrade 2021.0107.0622
systemctl reboot

Tried... IP still not working

Run this:

find /mnt/data/channels-dvr -ls

Then this:

distro-upgrade --dvr 2021.01.13.0843
systemctl restart channels-dvr
systemctl status channels-dvr

1 Like

I've found having done a few tours in tech support back in the day that when things make no sense it's best to review the basics.

1. Have you configured the Channels DVR server? If not any TV box will throw an error when attempting to connect.

2. Please copy and paste the exact URL you're using in an attempt to access the server from a browser.

3. How do you know what the IP address is? Did you set it static via the CLI on the Pi, set static it in your router, or did you just write it down after using the link in the instructions during setup?

4. If you never changed the server name, check your router. Somewhere there has to be a page that lists out connected hosts. Look for "DVR-Server" and verify you have the correct IP.

Let's start with that. I know it seems basic and silly, but I once took a support call from a highly trained professional with over a decade of experience that had a server "down" that around 40,000 people needed to get to. After chasing all the wild geese he threw at me for a half hour I finally said "Do me a favor, take a look in the back. Do you even have a link light?"

The response was "Uh oh. There's no wire. It's not plugged in."

I did him a solid and updated the issue with "Missing required network patch" and closed the ticket. Patch CORD, lol. Hey, it happens.

Ok downloaded this update and it works now. Thanks for the help? What ended up being the issue?