Re-create PlayOn Metadata?

Greetings.

I searched for a while, found this gem:

And this one too:

However neither seemed to do the trick.

I've been moving things around, pruning, emptying the trash, etc. I lost my PlayOn metadata. I've put the PlayOn downloads back where they normally go but they don't show up in anywhere in my library. If I download a new PlayOn recording it goes right beside the existing ones & shows up, etc. like normal.

Is there a command I can run to re-create the metadata & get them back into the database so they show up again like they should?

Thanks!

1 Like

Sounds like they got deleted from the database? Are they still in your Trash?

You can move them to Imports/ to scan them in fresh.

Thank you for replying.

They are gone from the database, yes.

They are no longer in the trash (I had previously emptied it).

Placing them under Imports/ does work to re-scan them, just like it would if I place them under any of the Local Content directories, however I was hoping there was a way to leave them under PlayOn/ & just re-create their entry in the database as if they had been downloaded again (unfortunately they are no longer in the PlayOn cloud so I can't just simply re-download them).

Let me know any thoughts.

Thanks again!

There's no way to leave them under PlayOn unfortunately

Ok, thank you!

Well, actually, couple of quick questions:

• would you be willing to implement a configuration setting to specify a location for the PlayOn directory somewhere NOT under the main DVR area?

• if not, is there an API that I can hit after moving things around with a script to set things right in the metadata (get rid of the 'old' entry so it's not showing twice after the move)?

For example, the main DVR directory is on one drive, the movies & tv shows on it aren't considered particularly important to me, however the PlayOn downloads are so at the moment I have that symlinked to another drive that is more of an archive (complete with regular backups & such).

I think these questions have been asked here & there and other users have come up with ways of dealing with it but it seems things would be considerably cleaner if we could just configure the location of the PlayOn directory.

Thanks again!

You can use the additional storage feature and move the files into PlayOn folder onto the second drive. That would be the equivalent of using a symlinks

Ok, thank you for the hint, this seems to work.

Last question (hopefully), speaking of symlinks, I have one left - the Streaming folder I have symlink'd to a location on a ramdisk, any chance of making that configurable?

I have seen this mentioned in other posts but I don't remember seeing a resolution.

Thanks again!

Yes we plan to make that configurable

Perfect.

Thank you very much for your time & all your help!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.