Re-queue Commercial Detection per show

I am running the DVR on a Drobo5N that is underpowered in that commercial detection typically takes 110% or more of the original program time and many times the process leaves programs without the commercial detection indicators on playback.

Is there a way to kick off the re-running of commskip on individual previously recorded programs, perhaps from the “more” button that shows up during the selection of a recording.

I am looking to move the DVR to a NAS that will speed up the commskip processing time, improve the responsiveness of the guide and DVR listings, and to also allow for transcoding so I can have remote playback of the programs.

– Mike

There is a way to do this from the API (POST /dvr/files/xxx/recomskip), but I can add a button to make it easier.

1 Like

Thanks.

I have no idea of which of the many recordings are like this until I go to play them. Having a button to reprocess the specific program file as I run across them would be greatly appreciated.

– Mike

Two questions:

1. Is there a way to do commercial detection on a separate system when the DVR is running on a Drobo 5N2 NAS?

2. Is it possible to have a separate DVR instances sharing a common directory so that remote DVR transcoding can happen on a more powerful system while the NAS handles the routine recording?

Thanks,

There is no way to split tasks across multiple DVR instances.

Were you able to add the button to allow individual shows to have comskip ru-run?

I have moved from the Drobo5N to a Synology DS918+, and the commercial detection is much faster (6x or more faster).

There are still programs that are not receiving consistent indicators for commercial skipping. Examples of the inconsistency are a show with one or two commercial breaks with missing indicators, or sometimes the entire program has no indicators when there are indeed commercial breaks contained in the show. Some of a show's episodes do not have com-skip indicators while most other episodes do have them.

The "button" you referenced would certainly help clean up the problematic episodes.

Have you done this yet, or am I just missing it?

Thanks.

-- Mike

There is no button, but you can issue curl commands to redo comskip per file ID: Re run com skip?

Thank you :grinning: